• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ttngu234

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Much easier to purchase ammo online these days. Nothing worse than going around stores looking for ammo, only to find that you wasted time and energy.

Use slickguns to find ammo you want.
    DK Firearms

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Many years ago when I bought my first .50 bmg rifle I was living in Pasadena. I start calling around for scope rings & Carter's on I-10 says they have what I wanted, Leupold 30 mm MK4 steel rings. So I drive out there figuring they should know what they are talking about. Needless to say I end up arguing with the guy about a Leupold with a 30 mm tube. Then I tell him not only are they not .30 mm they not steel or Leupold.

After arguing with him the manager comes over. After rehashing everything he ask why I need steel rings because aluminum is strong enough & much better. I tell the guy it's going on a .50 bmg rifle& he tells me there is no such thing. The manager says .50 bmg rifles are illegal & no one has any business owning one.

Both the manager & the cleck were wearing vest with all these pathes sewn on them. I guess in their special world the patches give them extreame knowledge of all things that shoot.

Last edited:

Babnik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Do yourself a HUGE favor and order your ammo online. Gunbroker.com is great, LAX is good as is Freedom Munitions though they use a really dirty powder. SGAmmo.com is good especially if you're guying for an AK. They carry "Golden Tiger" which is awesome and even better at $235/1000. Shipping is cheap you just need to look around for the best deal....also Bulk ammo.com is good for some things.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    I've bought from SGAmmo.com and Natchez Shooters Supply online for some time--responding to their "sales" by checking the other one. Recently I came across another dealer when those two were 1 out of stock on an item and the other had raised their price. targetsportsusa.com had good reviews on resellerratings.com, so I took a look. One. shipping is built into the price (they call it free shipping on bulk), but you need to compare total cost including shipping on any ammo purchase. On two of the three items I needed, they had a better shipped price, plus they had it in stock. The third item was close and not enough difference to place two separate orders. Another plus, TSUSA puts your bulk ammo box into a plain brown box for shipping. That way, if FedEx leaves it at your door, there are not boxes with FEDERAL PREMIUM AMMUNITION in big black letters for passers by to see. I placed an order on Tuesday for 1,000 of Federal American Eagle .223, 1,000 of Federal 9mm, and 500 Remington .45acp. FedEx delivered on Saturday. Do your own price shopping, but I am pleased with this company's service. And they are in Connecticut of all places! They probably sell stuff that their own employees can't buy.

My friends, this is the time to stock up. Get your bulk ammo now. It's going to start up in price and down in availability soon. Hillary has threatened a 25% federal excise tax on guns and ammo. Given the democrats' ability to ignore the congress and the Constitution, I can't say it's impossible. In any case, prices are not likely to drop, and stored indoors, you know the shelf life of quality brass cased ammo is...what, 50 years? (Not talking about Wolf or Tula or Brown Bear.) So you won't regret buying as much as you can afford now. I've been stocking up for six months, and my wife is starting to make faces when she walks into my home office and trips over boxes of ammo. She'll thank me later. Or maybe not, but I think it makes sense to beat the rush.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Many years ago when I bought my first .50 bmg rifle I was living in Pasadena. I start calling around for scope rings & Carter's on I-10 says they have what I wanted, Leupold 30 mm MK4 steel rings. So I drive out there figuring they should know what they are talking about. Needless to say I end up arguing with the guy about a Leupold with a 30 mm tube. Then I tell him not only are they not .30 mm they not steel or Leupold.

After arguing with him the manager comes over. After rehashing everything he ask why I need steel rings because aluminum is strong enough & much better. I tell the guy it's going on a .50 bmg rifle& he tells me there is no such thing. The manager says .50 bmg rifles are illegal & no one has any business owning one.

Both the manager & the cleck were wearing vest with all these pathes sewn on them. I guess in their special world the patches give them extreame knowledge of all things that shoot.

Even if only half of what you're saying is true, that's ridiculous! I had to pause reading it to reread to make sure I read it correctly. I guess I better call my customer back and tell him he didn't just pick up that Armalite AR50 last week and that the videos he showed me of him shooting it were faked. I guess I also need to get a vest with a patch to earn some credibility with my customers. Amazing. And it's stories like this that had us open a gun store. We kept sending our feed store customers to other gun stores just to have them come in and tell us about attitude problems, high prices, etc. So we decided to solve those problems by opening our own store.

Top Bottom