• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dazen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Odessa
    I'm looking for a place to Shoot in the Midland/Odessa Area any where But Midland Shooter Association. I'm not going to pay $200 when last year the price was $100.
    DK Firearms

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Isn't Midland Odessa just a big bunch of nothing can't tell me their isn't some place in the middle of nowhere out their where you couldn't chunk some lead?

Dazen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Odessa
    Isn't Midland Odessa just a big bunch of nothing can't tell me their isn't some place in the middle of nowhere out their where you couldn't chunk some lead?

I would need the land owners permission before I would go out and shoot in a pit or a field around here. I was hoping someone here could maybe point me in the right direction?

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Yeah especially with all the drilling and oilfield traffic out here you have to be careful the sheriffs department and highway patrol are all over the place around here and on roads I thought only a few people knew about. So like Dazen said you need to find a friendly person for them to let you shoot on thier land. Or you could just drive to New Mexico and shoot but that is kind of far and wastes gas lol

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Well, at $200/Year, that's only a little over $16.00/Month! That's still cheap for a facility as nice as MSA.

With 4500 members, maybe they are trying to "Thin" the heard. I can remember when membership was as low as 400 during the '80's "Bust". You could go for days without seeing another shooter on the range. I've been a member for about 37 years and if it went to $500/year, I'd still join in the fun.

Do some checking on membership fees at other ranges where you have a fee to just join on top of your yearly dues. Some ranges even have waiting lists to join.

Brad (MSA #026):patriot:

Dazen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Odessa
    Well I was able to find someone who will allow me to use their range /cheer I get to keep that $200 in my pocket and buy some more ammo.

Have fun over paying man and $400 in the 80's? I dont think so.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Well I was able to find someone who will allow me to use their range /cheer I get to keep that $200 in my pocket and buy some more ammo.

Have fun over paying man and $400 in the 80's? I dont think so.

400 members!
    I don't recall putting a $ sign before that number. Membership dues were $35/year back then.

Brad

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Well, at $200/Year, that's only a little over $16.00/Month! That's still cheap for a facility as nice as MSA.

With 4500 members, maybe they are trying to "Thin" the heard. I can remember when membership was as low as 400 during the '80's "Bust". You could go for days without seeing another shooter on the range. I've been a member for about 37 years and if it went to $500/year, I'd still join in the fun.

Do some checking on membership fees at other ranges where you have a fee to just join on top of your yearly dues. Some ranges even have waiting lists to join.

Brad (MSA #026):patriot:

If they have that many members why are there not more interactive targets there 4500 times 100 bucks a person equals around 45,000 dollars thats alot of money. I rarely ever go there now due to the fact that when I do go it is way over crowded and takes atleast a half hour to get a spot on the range after the 30 minute drive I took to get there. I'm not complaining I'm just trying to give my point of view of how I view MSA.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    If they have that many members why are there not more interactive targets I'm not complaining I'm just trying to give my point of view of how I view MSA.

As a past board member and past president of MSA and having ran many many matches in the past, I would suggest you go to a board meeting and ask that question yourself. I'm not trying to be rude, but there is more to the club than meets the eye. At least read the minutes of the board meetings. They are posted on our web site where all can see. Midland Shooters Association, Midland, Texas

Brad

DaynaLauren

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2011
    Denton
    I can't believe they raised the prices! I am a student and its hard enough coming up with the $100 extra a year. I've been there for two years now- shame.

Nite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Odessa, TX
    West Texas Indoor Gun Range Market Research

West Texas Indoor Gun Range Market Research uses an online anonymous survey (from Surveymonkey) to measure the amount of public interest in constructing a state-of-the-art indoor shooting range between Midland and Odessa Texas. All information is confidential and filling out the survey is voluntary. We would appreciate community feedback during this phase of information gathering.

Thanks!
    -N

Top Bottom