Venture Surplus ad

Places to shoot in the Rio Grande Valley!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    Hole in the wall (Mcallen)
    Valley Metro (Edinburg)
    Pharr Gun Club (private...membership required)

Couple other places in the lower valley

red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    Hole in the wall is indoors and is usually packed. I have never been to Valley metro.I hear that there is another shooting range being build next to the Ashley's furniture. I am a member at the Pharr gun club and frequent it on a weekly bases. I enjoy the outdoors and never had any problems there.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    If I am correct, Valley Metro has been closed down for sometime. If, that is the indoor range close to the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office on Cibolo Rd.
    I am a member at Hole in the Wall. It's best to go in the morning. Weekends are usually packed. It's only 7 lanes. CHL classes & in house repairs.
    There is a new range being built right next to Ashley furniture on Jackson Rd. & Business Hwy. 83. It will be named "Point Blank". Should open in Sept.
    It will have 14 lanes. It will be a sporting goods store/gun range, offering CHL classes, and NRA Classes and qualifications.
    The Pharr gun club is nice. One of the main guys has put in a lot of work and has received NRA grants for the range. They have done some real nice improvements. I had a membership and let it lapse. I had a piss poor experience with another member and never went back.
    Apparently you can be asked by a member for your membership card on request. I arrived on site, began unpacking my gear, never even loaded a weapon
    and was asked by a member to see my card because I had not been "seen" there before. I asked for his because I had never seen him "there before", he refused to show it, I packed up and left. Mind you, I was 5 or so lanes away from them and was not going to bother them for anything other than maybe a minute to put up my targets. I really don't bother too easily, that guy was just a total douchebag. I will renew my membership in October.

Top Bottom