• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread.

That said, some have mentioned buying pepper spray.

Not all pepper sprays are effective.

Years back, I bought some over the counter pepper spray at a gun store, used it on some dogs chasing me and much to my dismay found it to be ineffective. I sprayed them (there were two) directly in the face, but they continued to chase me seemingly completely oblivious to the spray.

Did some research to find there are many highly effective on the market like Fox Labs and others along with ineffective sprays.

Just be aware, not just any old pepper spray will do the job...

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Perhaps, he was an uninformed LEO, but an LEO told me private citizens aren't lawfully allowed to carry an asp type baton even with an LTC.

This was roughly 8-10 years ago. I had a CHL even then.

Did the law change about asps or was he, my LEO friend, wrong even then?

Anyone?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Perhaps, he was an uninformed LEO, but an LEO told me private citizens aren't lawfully allowed to carry an asp type baton even with an LTC.

This was roughly 8-10 years ago. I had a CHL even then.

Anyone?
    Look it up on the TDPS website regarding CHL stuff and report what you found.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    This was roughly 8-10 years ago. I had a CHL even then
    Anyone?
    It's a loophole.

Search for Matefrio's thread

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    From my understanding you are ok for an asp/club if you have your gun and license.

From most cops prospective your going to get cuffed and stuffed and let the judge sort it out.

Its one of those fringe things that most officers don't know most judges may not interpret it like I do.

There is a good chance it will only cost you a couple days in Jail and several thousand to pay for lawyers so you decide if its worth carrying a club/asp while armed with a Pew Pew Pew.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    From my understanding you are ok for an asp/club if you have your gun and license.

From most cops prospective your going to get cuffed and stuffed and let the judge sort it out.

Its one of those fringe things that most officers don't know most judges may not interpret it like I do.

There is a good chance it will only cost you a couple days in Jail and several thousand to pay for lawyers so you decide if its worth carrying a club/asp while armed with a Pew Pew Pew.
    This is probably the best post of the thread.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    There's been some mention earlier of "shooting an aggressor in the leg" to keep from having to use lethal force. DON'T DO THAT! If you cripple the low life bastard, you might find yourself paying for his physical therapy and other sundry things for the rest of his or your life! If you have to pull your gun, shoot him center body as many times as needed! It's not a frigging movie, and you're not Roy Rogers! I can't believe I even read that shit on this forum!

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Maybe a definitive answer from an attorney at TX law shield? Baton and OC are an option...... if you can get to it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I have a lot of down time often in the office so work related youtube videos are viewed. We already know about Active Self Protection but I watch a lot of Funker Tactical and Aperature Fight Focus Videos. Hoover can be a bit full of himself sometimes and don't agree will All his techniques but this video is good.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom