• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    Posting for sale my Colt SP1. It's in very fine condition with all your favorite unique A1 features such as the slickside upper and non-fenced lower. I purchased it from its original owner, who didn't fire it much. In fact, when I stripped it for the first time, there was nearly no wear on the hammer from bolt travel! I'm pretty sure I've fired it more than the original owner ever did. I would estimate its total round count at 500-600 or so.

Also included are its sling, three magazines (the unmarked black 30rd it came with, plus two gray 20rd USGI mags I purchased to use with it), an M7 bayonet in an M8 scabbard, and a lightened spring set and three prong flash hider (presently installed). The original springs and A1 birdcage flash hider are, of course, included. It's all here.

I live in Plano, just off exit 31 from the 75. I'd like to get $1200 for this! PM or email me any questions, offers, or photo requests. Not looking for any trades right now!

keG58.jpg

UYguz.jpg

lesVb.jpg

NT6QP.jpg

CpOfH.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Whitesboro, TX
    I'm interested in this rifle if it is "original" as you say. It sure looks like all the furniture on it is new. Buttstock, pistol grip, and handguard. All of the originals I've seen are black and shiney.

Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    PrimitiveHunter, thank you very much for your interest! Glossy furniture was used on the earliest SP1 rifles, typically on those that also came with a chromed bolt carrier group. It was surplus stock from when they switched to matte furniture production for the remaining M16A1s and XM16E1s. Once the surplus dried up, SP1s received the matte furniture as well.

Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    I'd be happy to ship to any FFL that accepts transfers from an individual for an additional $20.

Primitive, I'm not sure when the switch was made. I get the impression it was more of a transition over time, but I'm really not sure, sorry!

Top Bottom