• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Round Rock, TX
    I want to have the slide on one of my RIA's either nickle plated or hard chromed. Anybody know of someone in the Central Texas area that does this sort of thing?
    Capitol Armory ad

markpecz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Round Rock
    Have you found a resource that can do the plating? I'm looking to do the same thing. I found some companies that do plating, but I have no idea if they have worked with guns.

drob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Round Rock, TX
    I sent my slide and misc small parts off to Techplate in CA. Including shipping both ways it was around $150. That included the thumb and grip safeties, barrel, slide stop, bushing, and extractor. It looks great.

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    Chrome and nickel are different materials. Chrome is harder and provides better wear qualities. Nickel is better for better barrier protection (rust). Make sure the plater does their work in accordance with ASTM B546. That is critical.

There are a number of good platers in Houston who do oil and gas work and are quite competent. I would look into plating in the Houston area. You need to speak with them and get their recommendations. Remember that plating increases the thickness of the metal and may be an issue with regard to fit. That is why to speak with a real person.

Top Bottom