Target Sports

Please don’t mess with Wild Animals.....SMH!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Just how dim do you have to be to aproach any dangerous animal. While I believe that all animals would like to be petted, don't try petting ones that would rip your arms and legs off.

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    I was in West Yellowstone a few years back and saw a group of folks pulled to the side of the road, so we stopped to see what animal was in the area, turns out it was a large grizzly bear tearing logs apart lookiNG for food. This guy pulls up a couple of cars behind us with 2 small kids. He proceeds to put 1 kid on his shoulders and takes the other by the hand and starts walking out towards the ever approaching bear, we all yelled at him to get back as it looked like he was going to feed the bear, he still didn’t understand what he did wrong. He and his kids were almost Darwin Award winners.

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    here’s your sign
    bison-attack-59.jpg
    Poor woman. From the look of those jeans if only her brain were half as big as her ass she might not of gotten into that predicament...

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Did that guy running up to the gal that got dragged draw a pistol? Looks like he did.
    He sure did. I went to YouTube and looked at the same video enhanced and he clearly pulled a firearm from a holster. I bet he would be in a lot of trouble had he shot the bison.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    He'd have been screwed if he shot that thing. The immediate concern would be bringing a 9mm to a .50 cal fight. My uncle had an old bull that was mean as a snake. He wouldn't move out of the stall no matter what we did. Just kept getting more and more pissed and at the end it was the bull vs. my uncle. So Uncle Elmer fetched a single shot sawed-off .410 he kept in the tack room for snake duty, and shot that big bastard right in the ass. Needless to say, I was shoveling an empty stall soon after. Every time that damned bull saw me after that day, I could tell he wanted to stomp my guts out. I think that mama bison might have done that guy ugly as well.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    How much did a new set of balls for the Matador go for?

HAH!

He was from Spain, and was supposedly some prodigy, world renowned...yada yada yada... my ex father in law said the dude was a really big deal - "Dicho que es el Mero Mero." KInda "it's said he's the real deal" or 'the main man,' kind of.

The one we saw put the dude in the hospital for about 2 weeks. It tore his (w)rectum (damn nearly KILLED him, for REAL!), sphincter, and more up above.

There were, iirc, 2 picador points in his back, and 1 that the Matador stuck in him at that point. The very last lance guy (picador) stuck the bull, and it was visibly enraged. Whereas earlier when the picadors and matador were sticking him, when the bull wheeled and spun, he chased them in what appeared to be an almost playful manner. After that last one, he started hauling ass for real: Full gallup, full strides, literally snorting before each charge. That very last time, when the matador stepped to his right, flourishing the cape, the bull completely ignored the cape, went under it, and his horn went straight for dude's ass. Blink, blink, double cartwheel, about 15-20' horizontal displacement, and by the time the Matador hit the sand, 2 picadors were putting their horses right up between the downed matador and the circling bull.

That bull spun him around on that horn, looked like an in-place cart wheel, about 3 feet above ground.

After it happened, my ex-father in law told me that was the first time a Matador in the Plaza de Toros had been stuck to the point of being a casualty in over 15 years...and then he said, in Spanish, "Looks like the big deal has a big hole in his ass!"

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    That buffalo attack was in Custer State Park in South Dakota. It's Sturgis Bike Week up there and the village idiot's are all loose.
    In my younger days back in the 80's-90's we rode up there every year for bike week. I've seen those buffalo take out many a motorcyclist that got too close to them. It's funny as hell to watch just how stupid some people are.

TexasFire316

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Houston
    I had heard about the ceiling fan position, I guess I just witnessed it.

Hey, it was either that comment or "what yankee told you that you were a cowgirl"?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    He'd have been screwed if he shot that thing. The immediate concern would be bringing a 9mm to a .50 cal fight. My uncle had an old bull that was mean as a snake. He wouldn't move out of the stall no matter what we did. Just kept getting more and more pissed and at the end it was the bull vs. my uncle. So Uncle Elmer fetched a single shot sawed-off .410 he kept in the tack room for snake duty, and shot that big bastard right in the ass. Needless to say, I was shoveling an empty stall soon after. Every time that damned bull saw me after that day, I could tell he wanted to stomp my guts out. I think that mama bison might have done that guy ugly as well.
    Reminds me of the story of the guy who emptied his SA revolver into the polar bear mauling his buddy and perplexed why it had no effect. It was a 22lr revolver. The polar bear consumes a good portion of the guy and when tracked down and killed they found all rounds were good hits. None penetrated much past the skin. About half were still in the skin after they skinned the bear.

Not what they meant when they suggested carrying a gun in bear country.

I would expect similar results in that instance unless you were Powerball repeat winner kinda lucky.

Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably not. Went to Yellowstone during summer 2015. It was mind-boggling to see the sheer number of people turn into window-lickers at any sighting of large wildlife. Watching the rangers try to herd cats on the group hikes was both hilarious and sad due to the potential for things to go south quickly. Same with cars in the highway. Dead stop both directions, everyone pile out to watch wildlife.

We spent our time hiking on our own and came across those tours occasionally. We used that time to either bypass them or wait for them to leave.

IIIRC, there was an wildlife-induced injury the week we were there.
    I was thinking Sturgis, riding and booze.

It boggles my mind at peoples lack of understanding WILD animals.

Top Bottom