• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preyn2

Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    My mother-in-law asked me to research some pistols that have been in the family for decades. The only one I haven't been able to dig up any info about is a nickel-plated S&W .32-20 revolver with a 6" barrel, serial number 122XXX. Can anybody help with the model and approximate age? Unfortunately, I have not been able to upload any photos from my computer. Thanks in advance.

Phil.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    if the cylinder opens to the side as opposed to a top break, you more then likely have an old K frame.. this is the AK of the handgun world.. million made.. he 6 " and cal give it away, and again if it's not a top break, I'm pretty sure that's what you have...all Smith model numbers are found on the inside of the crane.. I'm guessing yours will say 10_ something..

Hondo

Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I'm thinking you have a .32-20 Hand Ejector aka M&P. That serial number falls into the 4th change range of 1915 to 1940.

Does it look like this blued version?
    uru4u4an.jpg

I think SW didn't start stamping model numbers on their pistols until the mid 50's

I'm no S&W guru and I'm doing all this on my phone so there is a good chance that I am waaaay off LOL

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Hey Phil. For reference, I picked up a S&W 1901 .38 Spl for $200 recently (in somewhat uglier condition). This one's not up for sale, is it? :santa:

The grips on this one look nice and it's in nice condition!

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    yep K frame M&P (model 10) looks like nickel with pearl gripss.. old girls pushing a 100, and still going..

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    [QUOTE/]=robocop10mm;861621]The Model 10 designation did not come along till well after WWII. The 5 screw revolvers were "named" not numbered[/QUOTE]

absolutely correct, I've had a number of victory models over the years, should have added "what became the model 10" .. for what it's with I "speak" S&W.. as in J, K, L, and N, P&R,make my favorite.. tripple lock..

Top Bottom