• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    I have a 20" DPMS LR308. It weighs about 11lbs, with iron sights, flattop, no scope. Its heavy. I love it, but it is a beast. An 11lb gas-operated 308 rifle has almost no felt recoil.

As for caliber, 6.8SPC (in an AR15 platform,same as 223) is well reviewed. However, it is not available everywhere, like 308 and 223 are. For hunting, this may be an issue if you are in the boonies and forget or lose your ammo (or shoot it all and want more)

If you get a 308, check with the vendor before using 7.62x51 surplus. For instance, if you get their 308 rifle, DPMS voids your warranty with certain brands or makes of surplus and even commercial ammo.

This is heresy to the get-milspec-or-it-ain't-no-good crowd, but a chrome lined barrel does not get you much. You will not be doing all-day full auto in a war zone with no cleaning supplies available. And, stainless barrels cannot be chrome lined.

Also, to nitpick, Armalite is the only company to make an AR10, which is a trademark. The magazine articles were wrong to refer to the R-25 as related to AR10. Note that AR10 magazines do not fit in a DPMS rifle, nor do DPMS fit AR10. DPMS and Knight's SR25 interchange mags. There is also Rock River, but those rifles are even harder to get, and are only shipping the 16" barrel right now. But RRA uses FAL mags, which are far more plentiful.

Lee

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Well, I bought 2 DPMS AR's yesterday at a gun shop in Shreveport......I'm here on business. I got one in .308 and one in .223/5.56. They had a lot of stuff in stock, so I had them install a quad rail on both rifles and picked up a .22LR conversion and railed gas block for the .223. I can't wait to shoot them.

Top Bottom