• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Give up the hyperbole. A lot of us don't like him. But given the choice between Cornyn and a D, the answer was pretty obvious.

Yes we need more R voters to quit pulling the lever for the incumbent in the primary. No one here is arguing otherwise. But the individuals on this board have to play the hand we are dealt.

Pretty obvious that, when the choice is between Cornyn and a D, that there's not much of a choice at all.

And yes, you have to play the hand you're dealt. But that doesn't mean that you keep betting on a losing hand. And, if the hand I'm dealt is Cornyn vs. a D, I'll just fold and wait for the next deal.....
    Military Camp

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Any no vote on a Republican because you don't like him is a vote for the opposing "dim". It puts the "dim" one vote ahead. Your argument just doesn't make sense. In cases like this you have to hold your nose and vote for the lessor of two evils when there is no realistic alternative. Otherwise you end up with a disaster like we are in now with the federal government. The never Trumpers gave us Biden. I bet there are a lot of never Trumpers that would like to have a do over on that one. But, Hey, no more mean tweets.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    And, if the hand I'm dealt is Cornyn vs. a D, I'll just fold and wait for the next deal.....

Ah, yes, the brilliant strategy that gave Barack Obama a second term. Great idea.

If even a fraction of the people who withheld their votes from Romney had instead simply voted against Obama by clicking Romney's name, we'd have been spared a lot of what we're hip-deep in now. Would Romney have been a good President? Probably not. But he'd have been a damn sight better than what we got instead, which led directly to what we've got now. But here you are advocating that strategy if the non-Dem candidate isn't your first choice.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Any no vote on a Republican because you don't like him is a vote for the opposing "dim". It puts the "dim" one vote ahead. Your argument just doesn't make sense. In cases like this you have to hold your nose and vote for the lessor of two evils when there is no realistic alternative. Otherwise you end up with a disaster like we are in now with the federal government. The never Trumpers gave us Biden. I bet there are a lot of never Trumpers that would like to have a do over on that one. But, Hey, no more mean tweets.
    The only one who benefits from my vote is the one who receives my vote. If neither get my vote, neither benefit from my vote. And, if you vote for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil. Not a great way to get good people in government.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Ah, yes, the brilliant strategy that gave Barack Obama a second term. Great idea.

If even a fraction of the people who withheld their votes from Romney had instead simply voted against Obama by clicking Romney's name, we'd have been spared a lot of what we're hip-deep in now. Would Romney have been a good President? Probably not. But he'd have been a damn sight better than what we got instead, which led directly to what we've got now. But here you are advocating that strategy if the non-Dem candidate isn't your first choice.
    So....instead of getting Obama, we would have gotten Obama....but with a R by his name. Great strategy....

As long as you put party over person, you'll keep electing anything with a R.....even if they're Demonrats in disguise. Some people can be fooled all the time, I guess.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    The bottom line is that there are only two choices. Republican or Democrat. There is no viable third choice. If you don't vote then you acquiesce to Democrat. Abstaining is your choice but does not make a difference for the better.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    simply voted against Obama by clicking Romney's name, we'd have been spared a lot of what we're hip-deep in now.
    Don't count on that!!! IF GOP bosses only puts crap people up for election, GOP bosses need to be changed. IIRC they are 'elected' by a caucus.

Zilla

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    DFW
    Received Cornyn's canned response to several messages to several offices as expected. I have to say that my calls to Cruz and Cornyn have been the first time(s) I've never reached an office crony when contacting politco critters. Even when I lived in cali, some staffer would pick up the damn phone.

Last edited:

Outrider

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Elmo, Texas
    Cornyn and all the others you think are working for us are controlled opposition. You can see it clearly when you look hard enough. Remember Ted Cruz saying Jan 6th patriots were insurrectionists last year? DJT talking about taking the guns first [red flag laws]? Abbott locking the entire state down? They do just enough to be able to claim they are 'working hard' for us. I for one am not buying it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    "As a disabled veteran I'd like to thank you for betraying all of the back-breaking work, the four consecutive years of working Christmases, and the 30 days of unpaid leave I sacrificed for our rights when you backed the recent treasonous and despicable gun control legislation. You will never get a vote for me- might as well just hand it to a democrat at this point.

Your assault on freedom was still-born due to SCOTUS' recent ruling and only awaits judicial review before being officially recognized as the work of those who despise the second amendment.

Your legacy to the nation will be that of a corrupt failure."

You guys keep voting for the tyrant who shits on your rights while convincing yourselves he's better than the other tyrant who shits on your rights. That'll fix the problem.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    "As a disabled veteran I'd like to thank you for betraying all of the back-breaking work, the four consecutive years of working Christmases, and the 30 days of unpaid leave I sacrificed for our rights when you backed the recent treasonous and despicable gun control legislation. You will never get a vote for me- might as well just hand it to a democrat at this point.

Your assault on freedom was still-born due to SCOTUS' recent ruling and only awaits judicial review before being officially recognized as the work of those who despise the second amendment.

Your legacy to the nation will be that of a corrupt failure."

You guys keep voting for the tyrant who shits on your rights while convincing yourselves he's better than the other tyrant who shits on your rights. That'll fix the problem.

You speak very well. When I sent him an email I just told him he was an asshole.

I like your version better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom