• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I sent 5 e-mails and made 2 phone calls. Didn't seem to matter one bit. He isn't up for re-election until 2026 at which time he'll be 74 I think. May not be looking to run again at that age.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I don't he cares what we think:

John Cornhole Says Comment to Senators About Immigration Deal Was a Joke​

"After Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) tapped Cornyn to negotiate a deal on gun control, he was reported to on Tuesday night promised to move forward on a deal on amnesty.

“First guns, now it’s immigration,” Cornyn told Sen. Alex Padilla (D-CA)."

Sen. John Cornhole tweet about SCOTUS ruling related to racial segregation going viral​

We really need to primary him out in 2026. I don't believe he was joking about immigration!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Grow up my ass. Voting for one shit bag over the other makes no sense.

How about you grow up and answer the question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Voted for the SCOTUS justices who have just delivered two great decisions. For starters.

Yes, we could do better than Cornyn. But I am so sick of people who seemingly lack the intelligence to compare a R politician to a D. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence should know it could be much worse.

And when the general election comes, we don't get to vote for our wishes. We choose from the choices available.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Voted for the SCOTUS justices who have just delivered two great decisions. For starters.

Yes, we could do better than Cornyn. But I am so sick of people who seemingly lack the intelligence to compare a R politician to a D. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence should know it could be much worse.

And when the general election comes, we don't get to vote for our wishes. We choose from the choices available.
    As no one else has answered my question, maybe you're willing to take a shot.....

.....what exactly has Cornyn done in this term that MJ Hegar would not have done?

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    As no one else has answered my question, maybe you're willing to take a shot.....

.....what exactly has Cornyn done in this term that MJ Hegar would not have done?

I've already answered, but I suppose I'll repeat myself. Hegar would have gone full-bore, 100% all-in on the Dems agenda. She would have been their 51st vote, making it that much easier for them to push their shit. Cornyn at least has to pretend to be a conservative sometimes, and does not vote 100% democrat despite choosing to stab us in the back on this legislation.

If you can't tell the difference between an unreliable Republican and a Democrat true believer, then I can't help you. But it's the difference between someone you know will betray you sometimes and someone who is working full time to your detriment.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    I've already answered, but I suppose I'll repeat myself. Hegar would have gone full-bore, 100% all-in on the Dems agenda. She would have been their 51st vote, making it that much easier for them to push their shit. Cornyn at least has to pretend to be a conservative sometimes, and does not vote 100% democrat despite choosing to stab us in the back on this legislation.

If you can't tell the difference between an unreliable Republican and a Democrat true believer, then I can't help you. But it's the difference between someone you know will betray you sometimes and someone who is working full time to your detriment.

Care to be more specific? From what I've seen, Cornyn hasn't used his power and influence to oppose any Dem legislation at all....other than a vote he knows won't make a difference with all the other RINOs switching sides. He doesn't put up a fight when it actually counts....just when it's lip service.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Care to be more specific? From what I've seen, Cornyn hasn't used his power and influence to oppose any Dem legislation at all....other than a vote he knows won't make a difference with all the other RINOs switching sides. He doesn't put up a fight when it actually counts....just when it's lip service.

Care to just freaking Google "John Cornyn Voting Record"?

You can see "no" votes on several dangerous Dems bills here, including the "domestic terrorism" bill that would've launched witch hunts against anyone not loyal to the leftist agenda. You can also see a "yes" vote at the top of the list for his greatest betrayal to us. So, no, Cornyn is NOT reliable...but as I mentioned he's at least not all-in on the agenda as your preferred Democrat would have been.

If, at this point, you still don't get it then you probably never will.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Don't be so lazy. Look up Cornyn's voting record. Compare it to the way Dems voted. Every time he voted differently from them is your answer.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your narrative. Liberals never do.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Care to just freaking Google "John Cornyn Voting Record"?

You can see "no" votes on several dangerous Dems bills here, including the "domestic terrorism" bill that would've launched witch hunts against anyone not loyal to the leftist agenda. You can also see a "yes" vote at the top of the list for his greatest betrayal to us. So, no, Cornyn is NOT reliable...but as I mentioned he's at least not all-in on the agenda as your preferred Democrat would have been.

If, at this point, you still don't get it then you probably never will.

I get it. I also see most of those conservative votes being made on legislation or appointments that were never going to be defeated anyway. So my previous point stands....Cornyn does a lot of lip service to conservative Constitutional issues, but he doesn't make a significant stand when it will make a difference.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So my previous point stands....

Then you don't, in fact, "get it". And you will continue to refuse to. That's ok, though, if you want to vote Democrat that's your business. You just don't get to complain when your candidate gives them full support on every little thing they want. Ms Hegar was, in fact, a worse candidate than Cornhole. She would have voted yes everywhere he voted against one of their pieces of legislation, plus everywhere he stabbed us in the back. Apparently you'd be okay with that.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I get it. I also see most of those conservative votes being made on legislation or appointments that were never going to be defeated anyway. So my previous point stands....Cornyn does a lot of lip service to conservative Constitutional issues, but he doesn't make a significant stand when it will make a difference.
    Your previous point does NOT stand. Your point was that there would have been no difference had the D candidate defeated Cornyn. And your own post quoted here belies that fact.

Give up the hyperbole. A lot of us don't like him. But given the choice between Cornyn and a D, the answer was pretty obvious.

Yes we need more R voters to quit pulling the lever for the incumbent in the primary. No one here is arguing otherwise. But the individuals on this board have to play the hand we are dealt.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Forget Cornyn, write or call your county/state and Fed RC. Tell them to get a replacement or lose to big 'D'. They know who the eligible players are. They get the donations and if they don't get them, tough.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom