• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Do school's teach this anymore? I remember growing up saying it everyday at school with my hand over my heart.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
    And to the Republic for which it stands
    One nation, under God
    Indivisible with liberty and justice for all
    Guns International

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I don't agree with it anyway. We don't "act" as though we are under God and we are certainly divisible. The pledge is Yankee propaganda for kids.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    My daughter's school does. Her teacher (me) and Principal (also me) require it. And I might add that her pledge also includes our state pledge.

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."
    The state pledge is also wrong. Aren't we specifically divisible???

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    My daughter's school does. Her teacher (me) and Principal (also me) require it. And I might add that her pledge also includes our state pledge.

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."
    Thank you for including that. I was born and raised in the state and never learned it. In fact, didn't even know *of* it. The wife and I went to a little historical commemoration ceremony at a small airport near my parents a few months back and they recited it. I thought "wow, nice."

So, nice to see it again.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas

Thank you so very much. We need more people like you. We have to many "privileged" kids these days.
    Native Born Texan and proud of it.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    When I was in grade school around 1970 there was a group called the Daughters of the American Revolution who came to our class and talked to us about being a good citizen and we all became Junior America Citizens. Got an American flag pin to wear. We all said the pledge of allegiance. I do not recall any partisan ideas being expressed. Just things like proper flag edict & I’m pretty sure a red white and blue cookie might have made it onto my desk.

From what I understand, this doesn’t happen any longer?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If you watch ch10 "news" during the week, they show different Elementary schools reciting The Pledge each morning @ 05:59.

So, it is still done, just not in the same way as quite a few of us remember.

Top Bottom