• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yesterday I picked up a Keltec PMR-30 LNIB with 4 mags and ammo. I got off work early today and I'm goin to shoot this bad boy. If me and the wifey like it I'll hold on to it. If not then I will report why and probably let it go. Either way I'll report and take pics and maybe a video for everyone's enjoyment.
    DK Firearms

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Taking a break now. It's hot today!! I've put 250 rounds through it so far from 30gr cci to 40gr super x and 45gr hornandy. Not one single failure to feed, fire or eject. Now I'm experiencing some keyholing at 25 yards with the 40gr maxi mags only maybe 10%. Everything else seems great. This thing is a blast!! Literally

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Well that was a ton of fun. I had the range to myself besides my wife. Shot 500 rounds and not one problem. Minus the keyholeing which was about 1 out of 10 rounds with the cci 40gr. Maxi Hp's. Everything else from cci, Winchester and hornady shot very well. Overall I think I'm going to hold onto it for a little while. I only loaded my mags with 25 rounds each but they all performed great. I got some pictures on my phone of the targets and one awesome one of a big ole flame shooting out the muzzle. Ill put them up here when I get home later.

TexasVine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lakeway/Fredericksburg
    Great gun and aquisition. Unfortunately they are hard to locate. I see a few used ones going for a few hundred dollars more than retail (one on this forum). I'll buy one as soon as I can find one resonbly priced.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I got mine for $450 with the extra mags and ammo. I feel like it was deal compared to others I've seen. I'm happy with it.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Are you really okay with a keyholing rate of 10%? Is this one of the newer PMR-30's with the 1:11 barrel twist?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yes it is a post recall gun. July date. I only had problems with one type of ammo out of 5 that I tried today. Compared to other stories I've heard with feeding issues and keyhole issues. I'm happy that it shot accurate and trouble free except it didn't like one type of bullet that I now know not to buy. I can live with it.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Gotcha, in that case, I'd probably do the same. I'd drop a note to Kel-Tec with your findings, though. It might prove useful to them for any future revisions or products.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Ill look into it. Hopefully I'll get some more range time with other types of ammo soon so I'll have better feedback for them.

Top Bottom