• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • don1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    tx
    I need a small pocket pistol. I am not interested in 380. I would like 45. But that is a lot of caliber in such small gun. So I'll go with a 9mm if I can find one in a pocket pistol.

Looked at Ruger LC9. It is too big for a pocket pistol. Any suggestions on a pocket 9MM.

Please don't waste time trying to talk me into a 380. 380 is probably a good weapon. I personally am not interested in going that small. I don't care for small calibers. I actually prefer a 45. But back problems are forcing me to look into smaller lighter options. 9mm is as small as I'm willing to go.

Anyone out there have a pocket 9 that you carry and like? Please tell me about it.

Thanks.
    DK Firearms

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Glock 43? I don't have this personally but it was my first thought. Have researched it a lot.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The Kel-Tec PF9 is about the smallest 9mm I've personally held that felt ok in the hand, and it's definitely a lightweight too. If you move up to the Shield, Sig P938, Glock 43, etc. you're stepping up a hair in size/weight, to the point they really can't be pocket carried unless you're a big guy with big pockets :)

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've got a 380 for gym shorts but jeans and cargo shorts/pants - Kahr CM9. DeSantis holster and about 20oz when loaded with defense rounds.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The Kel-Tec PF9 is about the smallest 9mm I've personally held that felt ok in the hand, and it's definitely a lightweight too. If you move up to the Shield, Sig P938, Glock 43, etc. you're stepping up a hair in size, to the point they really can't be pocket carried unless you're a big guy with big pockets :)

Brains is correct. I did some research last month and the PF9 is small plus 18oz loaded. Kahr is minimally larger and just under 20oz. A DB9 is smallest and only weighs 14.5oz. Taurus Slimline is small but weights 22.5oz. I bought a CM9 and second choice would have been the PF9. DB9 seems to have a questionable reliability but the size and weight is enticing. The Slimline goes over the maximum 20oz weight I was wanting.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm learning on here. I didn't know that the LC9 was bigger than anything. I carry a shield in my back pocket sometimes. I'd rather have a clip on belt holster than pocket carry without a belt. Pocket carry feels awkward to me.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    The eased 'edges' of the LC9s and Pro make it seem smaller than it is, IMO. There's also something to be said for filling up your hand a bit, rather than having a gun that is TOO small.

My LC9sPro loaded is almost exactly 20 oz

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've stuffed my LC9S Pro in my pocket before. Fits easily, but I usually carry it in a IWB holster.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Glock 43 is your best bet. I purchased one last month and its extremely compact and very accurate. Legendary reliability of a glock that fits in your pocket.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    G43 is at the top of my "pocket pistol" list followed somewhere by LC9S. The LC9S could be carried in my pocket not sure about others. And it has the advantage of useable sights. Same for the G43. G43 is about 22.5 ozs loaded.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    You would have to be the size of Paul Bunyan to carry any 9mm pistol in a pocket.

Every caliber has its limitations, and no one has figured out how cheat physics yet.

Even the fellows who try to cheat with big-bore repeating pocket pistols.

A derringer does have its place.

Be well.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I need a small pocket pistol. I am not interested in 380. I would like 45. But that is a lot of caliber in such small gun. So I'll go with a 9mm if I can find one in a pocket pistol.

Looked at Ruger LC9. It is too big for a pocket pistol. Any suggestions on a pocket 9MM.

Please don't waste time trying to talk me into a 380. 380 is probably a good weapon. I personally am not interested in going that small. I don't care for small calibers. I actually prefer a 45. But back problems are forcing me to look into smaller lighter options. 9mm is as small as I'm willing to go.

Anyone out there have a pocket 9 that you carry and like? Please tell me about it.

Thanks.

S&W 3913.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    You would have to be the size of Paul Bunyan to carry any 9mm pistol in a pocket.

Every caliber has its limitations, and no one has figured out how cheat physics yet.

Even the fellows who try to cheat with big-bore repeating pocket pistols.

A derringer does have its place.

Be well.
    I'm able to fit my G43 into my short's pockets, it's a tight fit and it does imprint a bit (still legal with a CHL though). I'm 5' 8.

Top Bottom