• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    If you've got big pockets some of the single-stack 9mm's will work. Personally, I can't do it but if I could I'd consider;

Sig P290RS
    Sig P938
    Walther PPS (M2)
    Texas SOT

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Although I would not want to put a lot of rounds through it, a Keltec P11 is hard to beat for size, weight and number of rounds. A PPS is my choice.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Although I would not want to put a lot of rounds through it, a Keltec P11 is hard to beat for size, weight and number of rounds. A PPS is my choice.

LOL, after many years I traded in my Kel-Tec P11 towards a PPS (M1) a couple of weeks ago. Shot the damn thing a lot, even qualified for the TX LTC with it, and it was reliable and accurate (after getting used to the 9.5 lbs, five mile trigger pull). But P11 vs PPS is like slamming your junk in the cutlery drawer while getting your face eaten off by a zombie, vs. making sweet sweet love to a voluptuous twenty one year old.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Holy crap. What size pants do you wear?

38 x 34, it's just a little thing yet it's still a real gun. I don't think I ever even held most of these other guns mentioned in the thread. That Smith isn't any bigger than my 380BDA.

My philosophy is if I need a gun then I need a REAL gun not a toy. I think I'd about as soon have a decent knife as a derringer.

3913 carries a round or two more than my 1911 and feels like it weighs about half as much. A little shorter in every direction. I think it fits completely inside every jacket pocket I own, inside a vest gun pocket, inside my leather jacket pockets. I've carried it in my hip pocket with just a flannel shirt tail over it at least hundreds of times over the years.

Last edited:

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Interesting all of the people that suggest .380ACP guns. I certainly have nothing against the 380, however, the difference is size is only 2mm over 9mm. With the 9mm, you get a much larger range of ammo choices and gun choices at a cheaper price.
    I have and do pocket carry a Glock 26 (in holster) from time to time. It does force some constraints on the choice of pants.
    We all need to understand that being a responsibile armed citizen is not always going to be easy.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I personally owned and carried the Glock G43, Keltec PF9 and P11, the Ruger LC9 and LC9s, S&W 640 in .357 magnum and Ruger LCR in .357 magnum. I've carried every one of them in my pocket at one time or another. I usually wear overalls or the "old man" coveralls every day, so the fit is loose and pockets are large. Size wise, the Keltec PF 9 is probably the most compact.

You probably won't like carrying any of these pistols if your pants fit is trim or tight. They are quite a load for pants pockets and I've had to repair pockets several times! My sewing machine skills came in handy!

I agree that in keeping with the "more gun" policy, I got away from the .380 pistols, but still carry one on occasion.

Now, I carry those pistols in in a "Hide It" holster that I slide down the side of the Bibs or in Carta Valley shoulder holsters. The Carta Valley holster is the least intrusive holster that I've ever tried. I'm retired so I carry 24/7 all day, every day.

Carta Valley is a sponsor at TGT and they offer a discount to TGT members. You can't even tell that gun is with you using a Carta Valley Holster! It is super comfortable!

https://www.cartavalleyholsters.com/

The "Hide It" holster is perfect for bib overalls. It hard to tell that you're even carrying a pistol and it will tote a huge number of different pistols!

http://hideitholster.com/

That's how I do it. You may do as you wish.

Flash

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    There is no one gun or one holster solution.....

Buy more guns and holsters......please....

lol...

don1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    tx
    Gun salesman wanted to sell me sig pocket 9. I wanted Ruger LC9. He gave me an LC9 to look at. Maybe it was not an LC9. I just took his word for it. Yall sound as though the LC9 is good pocket pistol. The pistol he showed me would not fit in my back pocket. Maybe I should go look at another LC9. I am also considering a Kel-Tec and some of the others yall have suggested. Kimber and Sig cost more than I have available to spend right now. Glock's just don't feel right in my hand. Bought one once. Sold it as quick as I could. Shot many of my friends' brother's glocks. Just don't care for them. I'm a 1911 guy. 1911's are just too heavy for my back issues and too large for a pocket. Maybe I should try my Colt Defender in my back pocket. Never tried it. Assumed it was just too big. Pretty light for a 1911.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Yall are very helpful.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    If you can find one, check out the CZ 2075 RAMIs. Almost as small as the Sig 938s, double stack 9, and DA/SA. Points wonderfully, sights glow well, I have no complaints except for finding a good holster for it.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    The Kahr PM9 is the only quality single stack 9mm that is pocket pistol size IMHO. I prefer a G43, but it's slightly larger and too big for most pockets. The S&W Shield is larger than the G43. BTW, a derringer does have its place; in a display case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBM

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Another vote for the Glock 43. I looked at the 42 (.380), but the 43 is not much bigger. I have a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for it, but find that more often than not, I carry it in my waste band, either in a kydex holster or in the Nemesis. It stays put either way for my purposes.

The gun itself is really nice - big enough to shoot, small enough to carry. Not a Glock guy here, but I love that thing enough that I spent money on a G19 also. Might be a convert...

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Another vote for the Glock 43. I looked at the 42 (.380), but the 43 is not much bigger. I have a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for it, but find that more often than not, I carry it in my waste band, either in a kydex holster or in the Nemesis. It stays put either way for my purposes.

The gun itself is really nice - big enough to shoot, small enough to carry. Not a Glock guy here, but I love that thing enough that I spent money on a G19 also. Might be a convert...
    I thought the G43 is a little bit smaller and slimer than the G42?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Glock 43 with a "belt" clip would probably work pretty good. I know, I know, everybody is afraid it will "go off" with a belt clip. I, personally don't see the big deal. I carried a G19 for years with a belt clip and felt very comfortable with it. But, that's just me. :green:

TBM

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Glock 43 with a "belt" clip would probably work pretty good. I know, I know, everybody is afraid it will "go off" with a belt clip. I, personally don't see the big deal. I carried a G19 for years with a belt clip and felt very comfortable with it. But, that's just me. :green:

Or a belt clip with a trigger guard cover. Used that with my G19 as well...

Top Bottom