• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I do have a buddy that is pals with the a mayor of a local town and he got pulled over for speeding. He apologized for not having ID (driver's license on him) but told him all the info.

The young rookie cop got mouthy and started threatening so he got into a 'pi$$ing' match with the cop.

He called his buddy (the mayor) and handed the phone to the cop.
    The mayor started yelling and cussing the cop so the cop just told my buddy to go home.

The cop saw my buddy at the post office a few days later and said 'no hard feelings?' so my buddy told the young rookie cop to try to 'tone-it-down' a little in the small town. (population 1000)

He advised that being more friendly with locals might save his life in a small town if he were to get into trouble on the side of the road.

Some might be resentful of his attitude and just drive by and laugh at the guy in trouble without backup.

I'll bet he is thinking about that?

People know people in rural areas. I understand 'projecting-authority' but...........................

SickSilverado

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    TEXAS
    Citizens should get to know their local law enforcement folks. Going to city/county meetings and participating in volunteer chores, etc. is a good way to get to know the local law enforcement. The majority of the city/county employees where I live are nice folks and just like everybody else.
    Most of the troopers here are temporary. They do 2 weeks here and won't be back for another year if ever. The local guys/gals are all fine with me.

Top Bottom