Glenn B

Just Your Typical Fucker
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
I'm not,

except I don't think we need a law to kinda permit what a constitutional amendment already explicitly protects as an inherent, God-given right.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
I would not think that of you. My guess is only a few think & act that way but that there are at least definitely a few who do.

leVieux

Old Guy "Lost my guns in move to nursing home."
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
You appear to both be a little incorrect. TPC 46.02. Says this

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:
(1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is 21 years of age or older or is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a holster; or
(2) the person is:
(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating; or
(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.

And this

(a-5) A person commits an offense if the person carries a handgun and intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place. It is an exception to the application of this subsection that the handgun was partially or wholly visible but was carried in a holster.

So, if any part of the handgun is ever visible, it has to be holstered when carried.

Yes, I know there’s conflicts around the changes HB1927 wrought in bringing about permitless carry.

ETA: It’s been a minute since I’ve looked at all the changes brought on by HB1927, so there may be changes elsewhere related to carry by a license holder, either in the Penal Code or the Government Code.

>
The Texas Legislature is infamous for enacting confusing and erroneous "Laws".

The few times I've told a Texas LEO I was armed, they just asked where gun was and said to not touch.

leVieux

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas Burbs
>
The Texas Legislature is infamous for enacting confusing and erroneous "Laws".

The few times I've told a Texas LEO I was armed, they just asked where gun was and said to not touch.

leVieux
Curious about the wording you used...
I THINK, I'd be saying something to the effect of:
"Sir, I believe I am legally required to inform you... that I am legally packing heat."

Curious if they asked you if you "had any weapons in the vehicle"?
It's been many years since I was pulled over for anything, so I don't even remember the ticket conversation, I do remember being instructed to keep my hands on the wheel though...

leVieux

Old Guy "Lost my guns in move to nursing home."
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
Curious about the wording you used...
I THINK, I'd be saying something to the effect of:
"Sir, I believe I am legally required to inform you... that I am legally packing heat."

Curious if they asked you if you "had any weapons in the vehicle"?
It's been many years since I was pulled over for anything, so I don't even remember the ticket conversation, I do remember being instructed to keep my hands on the wheel though...

Why are those of us who went through the vetting, training, process, testing, etc. given greater legal BURDENS than the general pubic and/or convicted felons? The fact that it is worse in other states doesn't make for a good reason ! leVieux

Top Bottom