Pocket holster help?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
Hey, guys. I'm newer to tiny handguns, and like the idea of carrying in a front pocket. I'd like to carry my J Frame that way. It's not hammerless if that matters.

Opinions? I'm just looking for an easy, comfortable and accessible way to carry and keep it concealed. It seems like a waste to get a belt holster for so little gun. I'm not very fond of the IWB carry method, either. Seems uncomfortable to me, and I'd have to buy a bunch of new pants... or drop more weight, but I don't think I have enough paunch to give me room to carry IWB comfortably.

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
I have a S&W 642, hammerless, that I'd like to carry in my front pocket. Aside from refusing to buy bigger pants, I'm usually in blue jean, work boots, and have my work shirt tucked in. I've seen some paddle type, but have never held one.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
You guys have holsters from those companies? I kind of like the pocketholsters.com site. Great idea on the videos.

I have a S&W 642, hammerless, that I'd like to carry in my front pocket. Aside from refusing to buy bigger pants, I'm usually in blue jean, work boots, and have my work shirt tucked in. I've seen some paddle type, but have never held one.
That's pretty much me, but I usually wear an untucked t- shirt.

Paddle holsters are nice, but seem like a bit much for something as small as a J-Frame. They work great for my P220. I've used two, one of 'em for day-long competitions, and was happy with how comfortable they were. The only down-side IMO is sitting. It's not really easy to readjust, and the paddle takes up a lot of territory on your hip joint.

Oh, and taking a leak with a heavy gun like a P220 on a paddle is a bit more of a different experience. You have to keep that weight from taking your pants to the floor for you.

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
That's a nice one 5-0. Would like to see something in Houston. Have to slide it in and out of my pocket a few times. Any suggestions on where to go?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
I think we have a winner! Can hardly go wrong for ten bucks. :D

Wait... last time I said that, things went horribly wrong. But I'll give it a try anyway.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members