• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just for giggles, here's the P938 and Shield compared to a real pocket pistol; a Beretta Tomcat...

10078104804_280f46dcef_c.jpg

...and compared against a not at all pocket sized, yet still compact officer 1911.

10078247713_5fc040a569_c.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Pretty nice. that should be useful for some folks. Might I suggest throwing in the LC9, to complete it? I think I would prefer the Shield.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Crap they really are nearly the same. only difference is the grip texture. Except the rail and weight.
    Yeah, the weight is the main difference. I always kinda considered the rail on the PF9 useless, but that's just me.

Oh, about the grip... The KelTec's texture is actually "grippier" than the Ruger's, but the LC9 has a slight swell to it that feels a little more comfortable in hand than the PF9's flat and narrow sides. Flat and narrow is what you want for carrying comfort, tho

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Yeah, the weight is the main difference. I always kinda considered the rail on the PF9 useless, but that's just me.

Oh, about the grip... The KelTec's texture is actually "grippier" than the Ruger's, but the LC9 has a slight swell to it that feels a little more comfortable in hand than the PF9's flat and narrow sides. Flat and narrow is what you want for carrying comfort, tho

I agree a rail on a gun that small is a wasted effort for most people. and the PF9 does stay in your hand a little better and the LC9 overall finish is really slick. I have never shot the Ruger but I imagine its more difficult to hang onto while firing.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Awesome comparison! As an owner of a pf9 I was surprised it was at the bottom end of trigger weight because the only thing I can complain about with the gun is the fact that the trigger pull is about 6 miles long! Amazing gun, small, light, functional and surprisingly accurate! Bought mine in July and promptly put ~500 factory reloaded rounds through it with 0 gun malfunctions (less than a handful of any type of malfunction) Thanx Again!

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    As an owner of a pf9 I was surprised it was at the bottom end of trigger weight because the only thing I can complain about with the gun is the fact that the trigger pull is about 6 miles long!
    Yep, since it's the only purely double action trigger in the bunch it's definitely long, but I don't find it to be heavy at all.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Shield is really the only one I'd consider due to reliability. I own a PPS but won't use it for CC piece bc of the mag release. Not sure if I'd remember how to release mag. But it is really accurate.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I carry a shield, I chose between it and the PPS. The shield won out mainly because it was $100 cheaper.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I'm really wanting the LC9, I have a few pairs of cargo shorts that my LCP really disappears into and the pockets so big the gun tends to roll forward while in the pocket.A pocket nine would be perfect to take up that extra space.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    the shield can be found on the interwebs a lot easier now, I even saw it on sale for 399 a few days ago....so cheap I almost bought a second one.

I like my shield but I'd never really consider it a pocket pistol, its just slightly too large. I can actually pocket carry by G26 easier than the shield.
    What surprises me was your picture of the shield next to the 1911 it didnt look that much small than it.

Top Bottom