• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I like my shield but I'd never really consider it a pocket pistol, its just slightly too large. I can actually pocket carry by G26 easier than the shield.
    What surprises me was your picture of the shield next to the 1911 it didnt look that much small than it.
    Depends on the pocket. Most of my pants have fairly large front pockets and it rides well there in an inexpensive Remora holster. It'll definitely carry nice in a cargo pocket as well.

Visually it might not look that much smaller than the officer sized 1911, but in practice it is quite a bit smaller.
    Gun Zone Deals

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Here's a PM9 sandwiched between a Shield and P938. You PM9 fans can thank coachrick!

10939737166_a4104236b6_c.jpg

10939737526_23c176d9d2_c.jpg

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I just picked up a sheild for $450 out the door. Went in for ammo, left with a sheild on layaway lol. It's got to be one of if not the best pocket capable 9's out there.On the big side but it works for me.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Gonna quote myself for a couple updates :twin:

-The PT709 is a bit odd... In double action it is very consistent at 6.5lbs, however you would never really use it in double action. The weird part is that the pull is heavier and not as consistent in single action. Not sure what to make of that one; perhaps it will get better as it wears in.
    It has not gotten any better. :p The trigger on the PT709 just feels weird and crappy to me.

The 938 can be adjusted to a crisp 3.5 or 4 lb trigger by a competent smith.
    Indeed. I got mine to 6.5lbs with very little effort. The P938 is my favorite now.

I've shot a 938 that couldn't get through a mag without a FTF or FTE. No way will I be buying a 938.
    There's another thread with similar complaints, but my sample size of one has been reliable.
    Sample size on the P938 has doubled to two. :laughing: Only FTE I ever had with either P938 was with polymer cased Wolf ammo. No issues with brass. Both 115gr and 124gr HP cycle reliably.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    thanks coachrick! (PM9 and Kahr fanboi here ).

I also own the Sig 938 and have owned the Keltek PF9. My sample of PF9 was a jam-o-matic and the PF9 trigger was typical Keltec crap....way too long.

I also won't spend money on any more Taurus that can't shoot in person first due to multiple brand bad experiences.

The Sig is nice but the ambi safety adds to the thickness. I never carry it. The Kahr CM9, PM9 and CM40 are my daily carry (not at once, mind u). I'm looking to add a PM45 to my collection soon.

Last edited:

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    some "earlier" 938s had FTE problems - with 115gr ammo, no matter what brand. mine was back to sig twice, they didn't "fix" anything - only, uh, suggested using 124 or heavier ammo (tho they won't put that in writing.... !)

I pocket carry and nightstand mine but have it loaded with 124gr NATO (I run some 115gr thru it at the range, periodically, but it still isn't reliable with it

my Wife's 238 had FT chamber problem - until I did a polish job on the feed ramp (and still polish it, periodically)

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    And my 938 should be in on Monday ;)
    Been carrying the SIG P290rs for a while...P232 for a few days...will need to find a dependable IWB holster for the 938. Cocked and locked is a new carry protocol to me...time to practice.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Do you mean "Laquer," or has Wolf invented an all-new even cheaper way to case ammunition?
    WOLF Performance Ammunition - WOLF Polyformance "Polymer coating ensures smoth feeding and extraction"

It's a dark mat grey coating instead of the greenish lacquer stuff. It is indeed smoother than lacquer coatings. I've shot a ton of it and never had any issues with it in any other gun.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    WOLF Performance Ammunition - WOLF Polyformance "Polymer coating ensures smoth feeding and extraction"

It's a dark mat grey coating instead of the greenish lacquer stuff. It is indeed smoother than lacquer coatings. I've shot a ton of it and never had any issues with it in any other gun.

Well I'll be a son of a horney toad! I'm always looking for the latest whiz-bang ammo that ensures smoth feeding and extraction!

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Love my 938. Trigger is smooth and light now that it's broken in (after around 300 rounds). Ridiculously accurate in my hands...YMMV.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Love my 938. Trigger is smooth and light now that it's broken in (after around 300 rounds). Ridiculously accurate in my hands...YMMV.

I put 120 rounds through my new 938 tonight...pretty accurate for me; but I hope my trigger lightens up a bit...might be back at the range tomorrow. It sure feels like it could replace the P290 and P232 for EDC after I find a holster.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ive got a shield and a 4.0 9mm XDs, neither I'd consider a pocket pistol. I need to pick up a polymer frame pocket pistol in 380 for when I'm wearing basketball shorts and just running a quick errand. The shield is too heavy for those times.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom