Join TexasGunTalk

Podcast

Discussion in 'Guns Over Texas Radio Show' started by Austin, Aug 7, 2014.

1. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict Lifetime Member

May 25, 2009
    So what do I do with Stitcher? I downloaded it, searched for Guns over Texas and got 3,225 hits. Do I scroll through all of them? I figured page one might be just the advertisement stuff so I clicked on more and went to page two of the listings. Half way down page 2 is the podcast, gay life over 50.

Not really sure what Gary has been up to lately, but I don't see how that podcast has anything remotely related to my search. Entering the web address Gary provided earlier got me nowhere.

I did try clicking on his link though and got the option to subscribe using live bookmarks. I did that. Now I just have to figure out what live bookmarks are and where to find them so I know there's a new podcast.

Think I'll uninstall stitcher unless I learn something more useful about it.

2. TXDARKHORSE361

TXDARKHORSE361 Moderator Moderator

May 15, 2012
    Try searching "guns over Texas radio blog", at least that's what it shows up as for me. I don't use stitcher since I have an iPhone and download it through the podcasts app. This is what it looks like as a screen shot

be9uze4y.jpg

3. seeker_two

seeker_two TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2008
    Also try the Podcast Republic app. All the benefits of iTunes without the headache of dealing with Apple products.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict Lifetime Member

May 25, 2009
    No dice. I gave up and uninstalled Stitcher. It couldn't seem to find the show.

That found it. Now my only issue is I'm not exactly sure how to use it yet. I skipped through the instruction screen too quick and now have to figure out what all the icon things mean, but at least I'm making progress. Thanks for the tip.

Question for Gary. When do you typically upload the podcasts? I'm in bed by 9 so if you do it late (to me) at night I'll turn off notifications so the phone doesn't wake me up.

5. gcmj45acp

gcmj45acp Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Chris, we've only done three recordings since leaving KSEV. We are setup to record around 10am on Sundays and I try to get the shows up before 5pm so people can listen at the time they're used to if they want. Unfortunately, this Sunday's show may be a bit later than that only because we've all got scheduling conflicts on Sunday morning.