• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    Just wanted to say I'm loving the new podcast! I appreciate that y'all jumped back in as quickly as you did. Even if you didn't have all the equipment you wanted. My favorite part so far, none of the same callers that called in all of the time. Don't get me wrong I like callers but some of those guys can really derail a show.

Anyway thanks again! Fore more content. I was running out of archived episodes(also may be why I'm whining like a baby about callers. I keep hearing the episodes back to back.)

Keep up the good work! Oh and figure out how to monetize this(with advertisers not subscriptions). I don't want y'all quitting because it is too much work & too expensive. :-)
    Military Camp

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'm gonna chime in hear and say I too was pleased to see the new shows popping up in my subscriptions. I definitely enjoy the conversation and banter and will continue listening.

garodrig1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Austin
    I am glad that you guys are doing the podcast. I listen on my drive from South Austin all the way up to Cedar Park in typical Austin traffic. It is like hearing old friends talking about interesting and cool things.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Thanks for the support guys. We really appreciate it. It's a process but, we'll keep working to improve things. Still working on the YouTube stuff. Didn't want that to be half-assed so in the near term, video, when we can produce them, will be short, single takes. Probably short demos here and there.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    OK, so how exactly does one subscribe to a podcast?

Now that I know it's there, I'll download it and listen.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Chris, do you have an RSS reader or an iTunes account?

Negative. I won't be getting anything I tunes related since I don't like those programs that think they have to run any time a computer is turned on and I don't really care for Apple stuff anyway.

I'll have to research RSS readers and see what all is involved. I've seen RSS links before, just don't know what to do with them or how to make them useful to me.

Part of it may be a trust issue between me and technology.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Apologies to Gary for hijacking his thread.

Look into stitcher radio

So any suggestions if I don't want to listen to it on my phone? I like to listen to them in my truck since I tend to drive a good bit. I've got a radio that has a USB port so I typically have just downloaded the podcasts onto the USB and listened that way while driving.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Look into stitcher radio

So what do I do with Stitcher? I downloaded it, searched for Guns over Texas and got 3,225 hits. Do I scroll through all of them? I figured page one might be just the advertisement stuff so I clicked on more and went to page two of the listings. Half way down page 2 is the podcast, gay life over 50.

Not really sure what Gary has been up to lately, but I don't see how that podcast has anything remotely related to my search. Entering the web address Gary provided earlier got me nowhere.

I did try clicking on his link though and got the option to subscribe using live bookmarks. I did that. Now I just have to figure out what live bookmarks are and where to find them so I know there's a new podcast.

Think I'll uninstall stitcher unless I learn something more useful about it.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Try searching "guns over Texas radio blog", at least that's what it shows up as for me. I don't use stitcher since I have an iPhone and download it through the podcasts app. This is what it looks like as a screen shot

be9uze4y.jpg

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Try searching "guns over Texas radio blog", at least that's what it shows up as for me. I don't use stitcher since I have an iPhone and download it through the podcasts app. This is what it looks like as a screen shot

be9uze4y.jpg

No dice. I gave up and uninstalled Stitcher. It couldn't seem to find the show.

Also try the Podcast Republic app. All the benefits of iTunes without the headache of dealing with Apple products.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That found it. Now my only issue is I'm not exactly sure how to use it yet. I skipped through the instruction screen too quick and now have to figure out what all the icon things mean, but at least I'm making progress. Thanks for the tip.

Question for Gary. When do you typically upload the podcasts? I'm in bed by 9 so if you do it late (to me) at night I'll turn off notifications so the phone doesn't wake me up.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Chris, we've only done three recordings since leaving KSEV. We are setup to record around 10am on Sundays and I try to get the shows up before 5pm so people can listen at the time they're used to if they want. Unfortunately, this Sunday's show may be a bit later than that only because we've all got scheduling conflicts on Sunday morning.

Top Bottom