Ft.Worth
Well - no CHL permit and a stolen gun.
Nothing said about a stolen property charge - just he has a SEMI AUTO" gun
Just gotta love it.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
CORPUS CHRISTI - A man with a gun was arrested at La Palmera Mall Wednesday.
Police had gotten a tip that the suspect, Rafael Ortega, was in the mall armed with a gun.
When officers found Ortega and searched him, they found a .40-caliber semi-automatic in his waistband.
A check revealed the pistol had been stolen from an employee at NAS-Kingsville. Ortega faces charges for carrying a concealed weapon.
I hate the media. Texas has no charge of "carrying a concealed weapon". :banghead:

He had to have been charged with UCW.

Regarding the stolen handgun; Texas also does not have a "possession of stolen property" charge. You have to be able to connect him in some way to the burglary or whatever resulted in the theft of the handgun.

I imagine that the detectives are working to link him to the theft of the handgun and then charge him.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
"It is OK that you stole the gun you just can't be carrying the damn thing around. What is wrong with you boy?" future quote from the judge in that case. Why are the DA's everywhere going so easy on criminals, I know some prisons are over crowded but this is reticules. Some thug steals a gun and is only looking at the charge for carrying it, slap him with both charges and send him away to meet Big Bubba in the big house with the little rooms. :banghead:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
"It is OK that you stole the gun you just can't be carrying the damn thing around. What is wrong with you boy?" future quote from the judge in that case. Why are the DA's everywhere going so easy on criminals, I know some prisons are over crowded but this is reticules. Some thug steals a gun and is only looking at the charge for carrying it, slap him with both charges and send him away to meet Big Bubba in the big house with the little rooms. :banghead:
How can you make the connection that just because the gun had been reported stolen, that HE must have stolen it?

It is not illegal to be in possession of stolen property.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
I guessed. And it is unlawful to knowingly take or receive stolen goods. And I thought I said something about the idea that the detective was gathering evidence to file a charge, But I looked over it again and I did not say anything about it. Sorry that is my mistake so lets judge me on my judgemental comment alone please.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Yes txinvestigator you are correct, there is no evidence that he actually stole the gun. But you are taking the statement out of context. The first statement was meant to poke fun at lazy politically correct DA's, not to be taken as fact.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Then it is still pertinent that the gun was stolen!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member