• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    After reading the article, my first question is why the guns weren't in a safe. You would think it would be standard practice to pull all the guns from the display cases and to put them a safe each night to prevent this exact thing from occuring. Because of their size, I could possibly give them a pass on the rifles/shotguns, but there is no excuse for the handguns to be left out overnight.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I've been in this store, all the "handgun" cases are glass. the front doors/windows are covered with "security" bars (you can see how well that worked against the vehicle).

I also thought (not claiming this as fact) that they had to secure them in a safe of some sort... just a thought I got from somewhere

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    After reading the article, my first question is why the guns weren't in a safe. You would think it would be standard practice to pull all the guns from the display cases and to put them a safe each night to prevent this exact thing from occuring. Because of their size, I could possibly give them a pass on the rifles/shotguns, but there is no excuse for the handguns to be left out overnight.

We have easily about 200 handguns that we'd have to store, and re-display every morning. We also would need to double the size of our already, walk-in, room sized vault to do so. It's not economically feasible for shops to do this.

Nevermind the double standard you'd undoubtedly hold against gun stores. If you force gun stores to secure all firearms at night, then you must be willing to do so yourself... in your car, in your house, etc. I'm not about to get a safe and be fishing for it at 3 AM while some crackhead comes through my window.

Top Bottom