• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ldcarson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    I want to make sure there is no confusion here. So if u dont have to show the the law that u have to have a CHL do u still have to have it on u whenever packing. Im allways worried im going to lose it as I dont carry a wallet on me. I agree also that its ok for them to carry off duty but they dont like it if we do the same thing even though we have all had the same back ground checks. Double standard. I know not all police feel this way. I just really hate the Above The Law Mentality. Hell no one is better trained then are soliders. When they come home they should be allowed to carry as they have been for the past 2 years or how ever long they have been in a different country.

Dude...YOU carry a gun, and yet you don't carry a wallet? How do u carry yur ID? If I am packing, I am damn sure gonna have ID on me.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Double Action I was just making a joke. There is no penalty if ya dont but you still have to show it. That sounds like well u get the idea. I just wear my license around my neck as I hate wearing a wallet bad for the lower back if sitting.

Please type out the word "you", and try to use some kind of grammar. It makes it very difficult to read your posts without it.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    How, exactly, does this impact police officers? If I have a CHL, I believe it comes up when they run my plate after a stop, so they know I'm licensed to carry and MAY be armed BEFORE they walk to my car. If I don't have a CHL, they won't know I have a gun in my lap until I use it ... effectively the same situation as before the law changed ...

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    It does not show up on your vehicle registration. If your name is unique enough, the officer can run your name only through LIDR (TX DL records) and come up with your DL which in turn shows that you have a CHL.

The point is, to an officer that exercised sound tactics, it does not matter if you have a CHL or are illegally armed. The approach to the vehicle should be made safely.

Licensed handgun folks do not bother me. Its the unlicensed, criminal ones that bother me.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Double Action I have a bill fold for insurance cards that I leave in my car. I only have one credit card that I dont use. Only have it because there are times when you have to have one like renting a car. Its cash or I dont buy. Thats just me. I wear my drivers/Permit around my neck thats designed for IDs. Cmon I cant be the only one here that hates a bunch of stuff in his pockets. With cell phone,money and keys it gets to be a bit much. Im sorry about the bad grammer used early. I was just being a lazy two finger typer.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    . . . Cmon I cant be the only one here that hates a bunch of stuff in his pockets. With cell phone,money and keys it gets to be a bit much. . .

I hate stuff in my pockets, though I usually just deal with it. I have my ipod and cell phone in "holsters" on my belt (cough, next to my other holster cough). Wallet goes where ever I can put it. I like it in my backpack for a jacket pocket.

Eagles1181

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Houston
    I have had interaction with police several times since I got my CHL. None of them seemed to care. In fact only one commented at all, and that was a "Thank you."

Eagle

Top Bottom