• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Hey all,
    Does anyone know of any departments that are hiring and willing to put you through an academy? Have Austin, San Antonio, and Travis County sheriffs apps that I'm working on. It can be anywhere in Texas pretty much, but I am trying to stay within 4 hours of corpus for my reserve weekends.
    Didn't make DPS because of college hours. :(
    I have about a year of active duty military and quite a few firefighter certifications I am trying to get turned over in hours. So any info would be much appreciated.
    Thanks guys.
    Hurley's Gold

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yeah, border patrol isn't too bad from what I've heard. SAPD is doing year round applications rather than the once a year they used to do. Some smaller agencies like New Braunfels used to hire Cadets and would send you through the academy.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks guys. Looks like the next ones going to be San Antonio.

Remember they give 5 points with a qualifying DD214. You also get a point if you have an associate degree.

Also, they also provide 15 paid military days annually to reservists and guardsmen to perform military duties and can “flex” their days off once a month to line up with drill weekends.

Good luck! M2

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Hey all,
    Does anyone know of any departments that are hiring and willing to put you through an academy? Have Austin, San Antonio, and Travis County sheriffs apps that I'm working on. It can be anywhere in Texas pretty much, but I am trying to stay within 4 hours of corpus for my reserve weekends.
    Didn't make DPS because of college hours. :(
    I have about a year of active duty military and quite a few firefighter certifications I am trying to get turned over in hours. So any info would be much appreciated.
    Thanks guys.
    Did ya try them?

Top Bottom