Police State

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by 308nato, Apr 3, 2009.

1. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

here's a little more info on the Missouri boondogle about watching out for people with Ron Paul bumper stickers and other freedom loving slogans.
    Here is a man who had T-shirts and bumper stickers and a lot of money
    in his carry on at the ST. Louis airport.

http://www.wimp.com/carryingcash/

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's pretty ridiculous. I smell a lawsuit coming. ;)

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Sounds like a regular traffic stop to me. I know when I brought this up earlier, LEO went nuts, LOL.

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It was not a traffic stop. He was stopped by TSA in the airport.

What a sad testiment to America.

On a slightly similar note, my wife flies often in her job. If you look up "white girl" in the dictionary there is her picture. Extremely fair skinned, blond hair, green eyes........[sarcasm] the real look of a terrorist[/sarcasm]

She gets pulled out for a physical search often. Last week in Lubbock the TSA guy was looking at her DL and back at her like he had never seen a DL before, and she finally rolled her eyes at him. He got this enraged look and sent her off for secondary searching. He stared at her as he marked on her ticket.

TSA made her take extra steps she has not been required to take before. They kept her so long that if the boarding agent for the airline had not seen her at TSA and held the doors she would have missed her flight.

5. Yes this is ridiculous BUT we probably would have felt the same, if prior to 9/11, a poor student from Egypt (Mohamed Atta) had been hassled about carrying a box cutter onto an airplane. I cannot defend their actions but would it not have been just as easy for him to tell them where the money came from. :mad0025:

6. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Each day one more freedom is gone.

7. Starker

Starker Active Member

Yeah, our TSA people have been on high alert.

FACT: Each of the 9/11 terrorists visited Lubbock within the week prior to the attack. We have a really good flight school here. No really, they are great guys!

FACT: It is believed that OSB was hiding in the Lubbock mountains after having been tipped-off that Torah Borah had been compromised. It is so hard to find anything in those mountains.

FACT: Many Middle Eastern terrorists reside in Lubbock. The dust storms make them feel at home. Plus, no one knows where Lubbock is located. Really, ask anyone. Even many Texans don't know we're out here.

:rolleyes:

8. Nope, Osama had tumbleweed allergies and had to flee the area.

9. Starker

Starker Active Member

:rofl:

Yeah, he did not make it long!

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Isn't lubbock in Alaska or some other darn place? ;) j/k