• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    Nice to see an article calling out the stupidity of political correctness.
    Why can't we call the shooter at Fort Hood a Muslim committing an act of terror against our soldiers and country? All the signs say he was.
    On the same note, why can't we call "undocumented workers" what they really are - illegal aliens! They're committing felonies.
    And why can't we call "African-Americans" what they really are - blacks or Black-Americans! Most of the black community has never seen Africa, much less hails it as their birthplace.

Thanks for sharing this article. Everyone's too afraid of offending someone (either out of fear or self-interest) that we've all moved towards being wimps who lie down and take it rather than standing up and calling it how it is and perhaps - just perhaps - moving to fix the problems.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Why can't we call the shooter at Fort Hood a Muslim committing an act of terror against our soldiers and country? All the signs say he was.
    On the same note, why can't we call "undocumented workers" what they really are - illegal aliens! They're committing felonies.
    And why can't we call "African-Americans" what they really are - blacks or Black-Americans! Most of the black community has never seen Africa, much less hails it as their birthplace.

Thanks for sharing this article. Everyone's too afraid of offending someone (either out of fear or self-interest) that we've all moved towards being wimps who lie down and take it rather than standing up and calling it how it is and perhaps - just perhaps - moving to fix the problems.
    +1 - Well stated!

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas

I know a mixed race African-American couple (both born and reared in Africa) One is Caucasian while the other is Negro.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Like I always say we white people of European decent are being screwed over. Why is it that everyone out there receives their "special" designations, like blacks being called African-Americans. As I said in another thread, I ought to file a lawsuit at being so deeply emotionally scarred because I am called white instead of an English-Scottish-Irish-Swiss-German American. I'm as outraged as Denzel Washington on any typical day of the week.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    So what? I should deserve special treatment, too.

Are you the guy assigned to "keep me down"? I hear all the white people are keeping us people of color down. My wife, white, tells me you all have a special club with special cards that keep you from suffering, working, misery, depression, sickness, poverty, and itchy feet.

Hell, when I go with her to the grocery store, they don't even charge her. She winks, they wink, a special handshake is exchanged (I have to turn my head), we walk out with free food.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I know a mixed race African-American couple (both born and reared in Africa) One is Caucasian while the other is Negro.

That's why I said "most". I work with a girl from Nigeria, and let me tell you...she told me she doesn't like being called black. She is AFRICAN! She also said that blacks in America are more often than not rude and self-entitled while Africans are very well-mannered. We both work in a restaurant where we see the best and worst of people and not a lot of in-between, though, so perhaps she's gotten a bad impression of American blacks...or perhaps not. (Please note, there are those kinds of people in every race and I'm not suggesting it's limited to the black community. It just happens to be the community I was comparing to the African community. )

Something that outraged me years ago as a high school student, and even now as a college student, is the discrimination against whites when determining financial aid and admissions. A hispanic friend of mine scored 1800 on his SAT and I scored 2210 (both out of 2400) but guess who got a National Merit Scholarship? Not me. And minorities have all sorts of scholarships and grants open to them because of their race, not academic ability. A white friend of mine was rejected from Baylor University but her black friend (who scored lower on SAT and ACT, and had a lower GPA) was accepted.

There's also discrimination against men in the same areas: my husband scored extremely well on his tests and had a three-point something GPA, but because he is half asian and half white (and a male) he received less financial aid than me, a white female (at the same college, same admission year, and he did early decision) and I was only higher-scoring in my SAT. We come from a similar socio-economic status so it wasn't like I NEEDED more aid than he did.

They claim all this affirmative action (be it race or gender) is to "even the playing field" but let's be honest here: not all men (or women) are created equal. Some people are better at others at math, or science, or athletics, or any other area you could think of. What should be equal is OPPORTUNITY. Those who are white or asian shouldn't be penalized because they "likely come from a better background and don't need as much aid". Those who come from a disadvantaged background should be helped financially based on need, not race.

I could go on all day about the problems with college and financial aid (don't get me started on the FAFSA and needing your parents' tax returns...) so I'll just end my rant here for today and wish you a pleasant day! :)

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    That's because you are all rich, slave owning, castle living, jet setting, champagne sucking fat cats. I hear your slaves have slaves cause you're all so rich and powerful.

Yah, I think I'm being screwed over for sure and need to start living the life I'm being accused of living. Going to have to discover where these "keep the black man down" meetings are taking place and get in on that. Going to have to travel to the third world and pick up a slave or two and keep them in chains in the basement. Oh, almost forgot, better make at least one of those a kid since all white men in America are considered sexual predators and certainly suspected child molesters. Now did I cover everything there a white man in America is supposed to be and do? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom