ARJ Defense ad

POLL: Should Texas become it's own country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • razor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    I always wonderd what people might think of Texas becoming its own country ?> what do you think . Place your vote!!!!

1 YES

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Most definitely...I think all the other states are just dragging us down anyways. Who wants excess baggage...lol

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    true...but we as texans will come out alright... The rest of 'em wouldn't be able to afford to go on.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    IMO it could be the driving force needed to take back this country but sadly it will never happen.
    I have no doubt that Texas could survive on it's own.
    We have the resources to be self sufficient and prosper.
    I seriously doubt our elected leaders could be counted on in helping that effort as most of them would stand to lose to much.
    This would (IMO) require a grass roots effort by more than 50% of our fellow Texans, and I doubt we could even get 10%.:(
    IMO- we have more sheep than wolves in out populace.
    If it were the other way around, we would not be in the SH---T house right now!!!

OK, my flame suit is on, hit me!

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    YES.

You know, our founders knew that the best way to retain Liberty was to keep power at the local level. This is why they tried to limit the federal government. I wonder if it is impossible to retain Liberty with a government the size of the US.

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    Yes! Get out now before too many yankees and left coasters come in and ruin our beloved country.

razor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Wow , ibelieve we should at least try to regain our liberty!!! We do have more guns!!!!!!

technoronin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Become our own country? I hope you mean become our own country again.

I think it would be a great idea, I just don't want to see another war fought over it. The Czech Republic and Slovakia managed to split on good terms and didn't have a war, maybe we could manage it as well.

razor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    I say give it a shot , But wait until the china men and russians shut the other power grid down and ours will still be up . HAHHA Thell be in the dark about it . LOL HA I'm killing me!

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area

I have had some talks about this with friends.
    They brought up some good Ideals, as well some bad issues with doing this.
    Don't get me wrong. I am mostly for it. I am Born n Raised a Texan.

In any case some think that was brought up was that Mexico would try and invade Texas to take it back if we were to exceed from the Union.
    I think that’s right (exceed)?

We Texans would have to be strict right out the gate.

All new Texas drivers’ licenses issued, to reflect being a Country.
    No good papers, no proof of being legal, no drivey licensey or ID’ey.
    If living in Texas and you are not a US Citizen, get out, or be put out, no exceptions.
    No work, no renting, no owning property, no selling anything to anyone who is not a US citizen or on a visitors pass issued by Texas or is not a Texan.
    No green cards, those are issued by the US.
    Any illegal’s caught crossing the Texas borders with out permission or sneaking across, get deported after being documented and pictures taken, finger printed and stuff like that. The first time they are informed of what will happen next time.
    Second time they are caught, jail 30 days hard labor (no TV, cable, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches only with water for food).
    Third time executed after a hearing.
    If caught with any drugs or anything like that the first time, then skip to punishment of second offence. Next would be third offence punishment.

Major Prison Changes, plus welfare stuff, SS would have to be worked out and would be needed to be fixed.

Basically, Prison is prison like in the old days, hard labor etc.
    Welfare, if you can work, then you work.

It would take time but in the long run it would be much better.

Yes, I am a hardass. I have work from the time I was 15 years old. Everything I have, I obtained myself.

Top Bottom