• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    I've decided to take a "shot" at a polymer lower. I've done two PSD aluminum 80% using a JT Tactical jig and have had excellent results. The aluminum lowers took about 3 1/2 hours each to complete, using a drill press and cross feed table. I'm hoping I can complete the poly lowers in at least half that time with at least satisfactory results. I ordered the lowers from T2 Tactical Solutions, one our (TGT's) sponsors/vendor and dealing with Todd has been a real pleasure. The "kit" comes with the poly lower, a "one time" use plastic jig, 5/32", 7/16" & 3/8" drill bits and a 7/16" end mill with a stop collar. Also included 6 screws to hold the jig together during milling, a screw and nut to attach the grip and a pin and set screw for the mag release, as well as a set of written instructions on finishing the lower using a drill press. I'm planning on taking pics during the milling operation and will attempt to post a few here with comments on hints, tips or any problems that might arise. In the mean time, here a couple of photos of what you get.
    KK

0BA2934F-73D5-4929-AEF9-92625EF63EC0_zpsmecswzzs.jpg B0852A9A-A026-43B8-96F4-28AA121DF0DC_zpsihxrmv7h.jpg BEC04541-BB71-4CA2-86B1-6F0CB36B79D2_zpsx1sgu2yv.jpg

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo

Forum statistics