• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My fear would be fracturing on impact with bone and loosing the mass needed for adequate penetration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    My fear would be fracturing on impact with bone and loosing the mass needed for adequate penetration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, that seems to be a concern worth contemplating. I'll continue to consider pros and cons for myself. In the meanwhile, it's actually in my carry pistol now.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thet...polycase-arx-inceptor-in-380-acp-and-9mm/amp/

"Finally, while I am giving high praise to Polycase for blowing my mind in showing that a light and fast bullet can accomplish what I normally expect from a slow and heavy bullet, I confess to being a little uneasy about just how light the bullets are. The lighter the bullet, generally the more susceptible to deflection it will be, whether off of a bone or, bizarrely enough, just through gel or tissue itself. To me, that’s not a desirable trait, and I am not entirely convinced as to how these lightweight bullets will do when faced with having to penetrate through a forearm to get to the chest of the bad guy, where they’ll then have to get through a rib or sternum. They may do fine, but history and big-game hunters have taught us that big, solid, heavy bullets do best at that job done."

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I had bought some 9 and 380 then finally went to the range this afternoon. Just shooting paper with a cardboard backing, at 7 yards no difference. At 15 yards it key-holed with the 9 but the 380 was less obvious. Accuracy was no different than any other ammo I use. The 9 feed without issue in two semi-automatics but those guns will eat anything. Last round of 380 would always fail to feed in a TCP 380 which oddly enough is the same issue it has with American Eagle ammo. Anything else feeds without issue in the Taurus.

Top Bottom