• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is the only purpose for these to be "off the books"? Or just to say one built it?

A new G22 (gen 3) can be purchased for close to $440.
    Used ones, bought from individuals, ALSO "off the books" can be had as well.

ETA: This states the kit is used?
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Let's not pretend these are really off the books, if that is your desire, buy a used pistol from someone and pay cash with no bill of sale. The way I see it is this; there are cc transactions that electronically tie me to every part on my pistol, shipping details and tracking info, etc. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to appreciate electronic surveillance and data collection in 2018. I built mine because I like to tinker, I like guns, and I modify almost everything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    But buying by any means other than cash at the store means there is a paper trail should TPTB care to look.

This is true.
    I was merely reminding avvidclif about the 80% requirement, or lack thereof.
    Don't forget, I'm the one questioning why anybody would go this route.

stickbowcoop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Springtown TX
    I built one, not because I was hoping for an "off the books" firearm. But it was right after my back surgery summer 2017, and I was super bored. I ordered everything from Midway and built it at the table lol. Recently I changed the thread protector, mag release, and slide lock with brass/gold parts. I also added a magwell. Again, because I had surgery (tumors/lymph nodes removed this time) and was bored. Mine has been a great shooter from the start.

eIVeDqE.jpg

iIbvhiL.jpg

OGdoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    San Antonio Texas
    Looks good! Hope you had fun building it and glad you’re recovering from surgery.

I can’t wait for the PF940CL I preordered to come in. I’ve given up on my V1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stickbowcoop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Springtown TX
    Looks good! Hope you had fun building it and glad you’re recovering from surgery.

Thanks!

That's a shame you had to abandon it, but when I was researching them it seemed that V1 was very problematic for many folks. I think you will find the new version you ordered will go much smoother.

OGdoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    San Antonio Texas
    That’s what I’ve seen as well.

The best part is I can just move the slide and parts over and nothing new needs to be bought! I’m on board for that!

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone

The V1's required a lot more work. I found the drill sizes were not exactly right and having to mill those rear slide rails was a major pain... the new kits can be done with a cordless drill and a file :D

Top Bottom