Capitol Armory ad

Poor Minorities will soon get relief from environmental criminals!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Heh. I heard this on the radio last night. Environmental justice, social justice.Everything but just "justice". How about actual justice?

Then we got the "Department of 'Justice'" and their new Ministry of Disinformation.
    I expect we'll be seeing lots more "justice".

You bet.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    "Environmental Justice" has been part of the EPA since about 1990. It got a big push from the Clinton Administration. The concept is that polluters (chemical plants, refineries, steel mills, etc.) located their plants in poor, underprivileged areas so they unfairly dumped pollution on those people. As a result of EPA's activities, many companies took it upon themselves to buy up neighborhoods and establish a "green belt" around their plants. Then EPA told the companies that it was unfair that they were making those poor people take money and move to better places.

I spent over 40 years as an environmental manager and consultant. I can cite many, many areas where the EPA did things that were so incredibly stupid that it hurts just to think about it, but "Environmental Justice" is by far and away the worst. It exists so that certain minority advocate groups can collect ransom from capitalist corporations. I have never seen a single positive outcome for anyone in any neighborhood where plants are located because of this effort.

Before someone jumps in about "bad companies", I'm not defending the actions of many of those companies at all. I know of a neighborhood in Corpus Christi that was bought up by a refinery because the "puddle" of gasoline underneath those houses that accumulated over 50+ years put some of them in danger of blowing up. If EJ was about that sort of thing, it might be ok. But it's not about that at all. It's political B.S.

Ask a Coast Guard member about EPA. The Coast Guard does an amazing amount of work protecting this country, including from environmental impacts. They hate EPA.

Here's an example of how much science is practiced at EPA: During T.S. Allison, a plant on the Houston Ship Channel had a tank of sulfuric acid rupture and the contents went into the tremendous flood flowing through the Channel. A week later, I see a boat out in the middle of the Channel taking samples. Went on for days. A little checking and I found out that EPA had sent people down to sample the water in the Channel in front of that plant to see if they could find any of that acid. Does anyone remember sending stupid kids out on a "snipe hunt"?

Sorry about the rant. They just piss me off.

Top Bottom