• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I wont mention the town/department but I had a pleasant experience with a smallish, somewhat rural city police officer this morning. I have a slightly tinted license plate cover on the rear that I just havent taken the 60 seconds to remove it (counts as an obstruction even though the plate is clearly visible). That was PC for the stop.

I gave the officer my DL and CHL to which he asked if I was carrying. I said yes, concealed in the car but not on my person. He asked me to step out (no problem), did a quick pat down and gave me a warning all the while shooting the perverbial stinky stuff for a minute.

Just another satisfied customer LOL

Texas SOT

Fernando_Sucre

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Fox River
    I wont mention the town/department but I had a pleasant experience with a smallish, somewhat rural city police officer this morning. I have a slightly tinted license plate cover on the rear that I just havent taken the 60 seconds to remove it (counts as an obstruction even though the plate is clearly visible). That was PC for the stop.

I gave the officer my DL and CHL to which he asked if I was carrying. I said yes, concealed in the car but not on my person. He asked me to step out (no problem), did a quick pat down and gave me a warning all the while shooting the perverbial stinky stuff for a minute.

I don't know how I would feel about another dude patting me down. You should have requested a female officer. Preferably a hot one.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    ALL of my experiences with police officers (over a period of 55 years of driving) have been positive. Maybe I grew up in nice places or maybe I just said the right things, not sure. I never got a traffic citation I didn't deserve and got "let off" several times when I did deserve one. Last one was at least 24 yrs. ago.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    ALL of my experiences with police officers (over a period of 55 years of driving) have been positive. Maybe I grew up in nice places or maybe I just said the right things, not sure. I never got a traffic citation I didn't deserve and got "let off" several times when I did deserve one. Last one was at least 24 yrs. ago.

Only been driving for 41 years, but same.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    ALL of my experiences with police officers (over a period of 55 years of driving) have been positive. Maybe I grew up in nice places or maybe I just said the right things, not sure. I never got a traffic citation I didn't deserve and got "let off" several times when I did deserve one.

Damn, you are old. Also, ditto on all counts in the quote for me as well.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX

The pat down part was stupid... You are a CHL holder (one of the most law abiding groups in the state) and you already stated you had a firearm with you. There was no reason for that.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I don't know how I would feel about another dude patting me down. You should have requested a female officer. Preferably a hot one.

Are you trolling the search button looking for what? That post is EIGHT YEARS OLD ......... bbawwahahaha

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    So no experience then? No training, either then.

Nope, no LEO training whatsoever. Still just looking for a good reason to do the patdown on a license holder.
    Dude carrying under CHL, pulled over, pat down.
    Dude carrying without a license under MPA, doesn't disclose carrying firearm, no patdown.
    Which is more likely to shoot a cop?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Nope, no LEO training whatsoever. Still just looking for a good reason to do the patdown on a license holder.
    Dude carrying under CHL, pulled over, pat down.
    Dude carrying without a license under MPA, doesn't disclose carrying firearm, no patdown.
    Which is more likely to shoot a cop?
    All right TI, he obliged . . .

What would be the point of patting down a CHLer who has already stated that they have a firearm, especially if the officer isn't asking to take possession of the one the driver already mentioned?
    Are you going to reciprocate?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom