• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Back in late November, I purchased a used SightMark Ultra Dual Shot Reflex Red Dot Sighthttp://www.midwayusa.com/product/75...ral-quick-detachable-weaver-style-mount-matte from one of the great members of this forum. For those of you not familiar with this brand, they make reasonably-priced optics. They’re no Eotechs, but for the money they are good value. This particular model has a weaver style mount and quick detach, plus an integrated red laser; and I had plans to install it on my GSG-522.

Unfortunately, while doing so, I over-torqued the vertical adjustment screw and broke it. Naturally I was disappointed and was trying to determine how I could fix it. I contacted a local SightMark dealer who suggested I contact the company, so I did so. Within a day, I was given a return authorization number and an address to send the sight to for repairs.

Now since I wasn’t the original owner and didn’t have a receipt, I had to pay a ten dollar processing charge (although I was told if I could get a bill of sale from the seller, that would suffice. I didn’t feel it was necessary to bother him about it, since it was my mistake that broke the screw, so I just included payment). I had no problem with that policy, and sent the sight (and payment) off just before Christmas. I was told if the repairs weren't covered under warranty, which I didn't expect as it was my fault the screw broke, I would be notified of the cost to fix the sight.

A couple of days ago I get an email notification that Sellmark (the parent company) has shipped a package to me, and yesterday I received a brand new replacement sight free of charge!

I am posting this because SightMark has a mixed reputation, but even if their products are not at the very top of the weapons optics market the mere fact that they stand behind their products such as they did makes them a consideration for anyone looking for an inexpensive scope or sight.

I was also very impressed with their customer service, which is usually a big factor in what products I buy. Any company that stands behind their wares as they did will gain my business and my loyalty. I will also share such positive experiences as much as I can, as I think it is only fair to do what I can in return. I also sent the company an email thanking them for such excellent care in this matter, I want them also to know it is much appreciated!

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Most of the bad reviews come from those who dont own one, or expect it to compare to sights costing 6X as
    much.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Resurrecting this thread to show a continued positive experience. Bought a Sightmark "Tactical Red Dot" for my Storm carbine. The front flip-up cover spring broke on my first outing (bad spring). One call to Sightmark and they put the replacement cap in the mail the same day.

I'm thrilled with the scope, it does exactly what I need at the price point appropriate for the use of this carbine. I'm thrilled with Sightmark in terms of customer service.

It also doesn't hurt that they're a Texas company (who would make a good sponsor, hint hint!).

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I've got a couple of Sightmark products, I couldn't be happier with them. The stuff works and it's very easy on the wallet.

71dpVHBlIML._SL1500_.jpg

41-tvVXvDuL._SY300_.jpg

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Been looking for a red-dot for my .22 rifle during the monthly match (and to find out how SWMBO prefers her guns, optics versus irons), thinking of going with a SightMark reflex, or the one Davetex posted. Seeing this just makes me that much more confident that it's a good option. Doubly so since they're Texas-based, and SWMBO is on a "buy American/NATO" kick.

Top Bottom