• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggiemike96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    I live in Houston and have a number of friends and family who are interested in ordering relatively large quantities of ammo (around 1000-2000 rounds per person, but adding up to about 25-35K rounds in total). With that, I have two questions.

1. Has anyone ordered ammo from Georgia Arms and/or Anderson Arms (Florida)? If so, how was your experience? Also, are there any other ammunition manufacturers that I should consider that will sell bulk quantities to the public?

2. If you're in the Houston area, would you consider participating in the bulk order? Our goal is to have a sufficiently large order whereby we can receive bulk/quanitity discounts and also save on shipping. I'm even considering driving to the locations (when the ammo is ready) and hauling it back myself to save on shipping.

Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    I sincerely wish you the best of luck, but in this climate I don't see it being possible. Retailers can't even fill full-retail price backorders.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Currently on items Georga Arms still lists as "available" (very few) there is a 5 - 7 week wait. Most items are just listed as not available do to component shortage. They won't even accept orders for those items at this time. I can't see them getting excited about a 25,000 round order when they are turning orders away every day.

Back in October, you might have got their attention, and hopefully that day will come again soon.

Aggiemike96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    I'm targeting a 100,000 round order. I've got interest so far of about 60K rounds. Before I contact for more specifics on pricing and estimated availability, I'm working on caliber/round counts first. It looks promising! Of course, they'll be several weeks to wait (2 months possibly).

Top Bottom