• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WavesOfFury

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    League City
    Hey guys. Was hoping someone could help me out with a question I've been going back and forth with myself about for the past 30 minutes or so.

I'm about to go to the range to shoot my new 870 (black, tactical-esque, "scary looking") but I don't have a case for it. And I keep my ammo, eyes, ears, etc. in, you guessed it, a black bag. Given recent events I'm worried that I'll have the SWAT team following me down 646 to The Arms Room! So, if someone's going to call, they're going to call, and I might have some questions to answer, but there's nothing that could happen to me, correct? Nothing wrong with simply transporting a long gun from your place of residence to your car, right?
    Target Sports

WavesOfFury

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    League City
    How far is it from your residence to your car?

But no, nothing illegal about that.

It depends on how good a parking space I got the night before. Usually not more than 50 yds. but sometimes as much as 150 yds. I live in an apartment though, so my only concern was that it wouldn't be just one or two neighbors who I know well that could possibly see me, but more like 15-20 who I've never met.

Just got back though, and all is well. Except that I couldn't shoot my new toy because there was LEO qualifying going on. :/

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    No problem at all
    Just don't load it, point it at anyone and pull the trigger.

But seriously. You have a right to carry or transport any long gun any way you desire.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Man I carry a worse looking shotgun than you got all the time. Matter a fact, I have it with me anywhere I go. I leave the house in the morning, its with me. When I get back home, I take it back in the house. A few times I have had the cops call on me, " Oh My God He's Got a Gun"!! Nothing happens!
    When I mow the side of the street my shop is on, btw I mow both side of a 1/8 stretch, I have the riot gun on the mower with me. A couple of times the shreiffs department has called me, cause they know me well, saying somebody called them claiming I pointed it at them. I asked them to get their name next time and I will be happy to file charges for malicious complaints if they wanted me to.

The Texas Rifle laws do not restrict you. Open, concealed, loaded, or unloaded. Public carry is not restricted no more than CHL carry.
    The only problem with the rifle laws is the word " Alarm"!! That's the simple little word that will get you unwanted attention from law enforcement.
    The county Ilikve in is blessed with a great sheriff's department, so I have no issues other than our libtard police department.
    If you local law enforcemnet is acceptable and doesnt " Freek" about guns, you'll be good to go.
    Again, the word Alarm in the rifle laws will be the reason you get screwed!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    A little paranoia is good. You may be a bit beyond that.

I lived in a cheap apartment complex during a divorce. Found out when I moved out that there were 2 gangs in there and they had checked me out. One of them saw me with a pistol or something and word got around that I must be some kind of cop or secret agent or something. Anyway, while I lived there they always treated me really, really well.

Bottom line is that it may be best to spread around some of the paranoia.

Top Bottom