• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    A little background first. I've only hunted once as a late teenager (not counting squirrels/rabbits/birds with a BB gun as a young teen) and it was dove with my best friend and his dad on the dads lease. About all we got was non-game animals.
    I'm starting to get into hunting now, just starting as in took the hunter ed class even though I didn't need to based on my age. Anyways...on to my question.

If blaze orange is such a good idea, why does it seem impossible to find blaze orange camo in popular patterns?

I've spent the last hour Googling and all I seem to be able to find is:
    A) "fashion" clothes (which look like they would work but aren't built for hunting)
    B) older camo patterns
    C) only in heavy clothing of either of the above

Seems to me a Realtree/Mossy Oak/etc popular pattern with a blaze orange background would be ideal for hiding from ungulates and being very safe. And can we get them in warm weather appropriate clothes too? Nobody is wearing a parka while hunting here when it's hitting the 70s in early deer season.
    Guns International

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Just wear an orange vest and cap

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've often wondered why people bother wearing camo if they're wearing an orange vest over it.

I only see it on corps hunting land (WMAs) and most of those guys where it in to the woods, pack it away and hunt, then put it back on when they come out in case the game warden is watching.

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    Just wear an orange vest and cap

That seems to be the most common way of doing it. I just don't get why the clothing people haven't come out with orange base camo clothing. Except from a business perspective.

I've seen some over jackets and a few hats with an orange base. Just not much else.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Depends on what your hunting. You damn sure better be wearing blaze Orange if you're hunting Quail with a group.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Because, generally speaking, clothing designed for hunting conditions comes in camo patterns.
    Or, is it that people going hunting generally buy clothing with camo patterns?
    Many comparable hunting clothing options are available without camo patterns.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My Father was a guide for the King Ranch for over 20 years. I only ever recall seeing him leave the house to meet their guests wearing a white, or tan, button down shirts, obviously pants and boots as well.
    Same when we shot dove and quail.
    We did however have camo for duck and geese hunting.

Top Bottom