Post Election Gun Shows

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by PopsXD9sc, Nov 20, 2008.

1. PopsXD9sc

PopsXD9sc Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Word on all forums is that gun shows after the election are complete chaos. Last one is Longview started slow and by the end of the day Saturday there was no parking and you couldn't get to any vendors without a LONG wait. Going to drive to Tyler on Saturday for the next one hoping to get a .45; either Taurus PT1911 or more than likely an XD45c. Guess my question is it even worth the trip? Any post election gun show experiences (small towns) to report? Any favorite inexpensive online sites to buy from?

2. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Boise, Idaho had a gun show a couple weekends ago, it was so crowded in there you couldn't look at anything. I gave up and went to Cabelas, thinking they should be less crowded, not so much there were as many people there in the gun section as there was at the gun show. Seemed like the prices at the gun show were higher too, which was driving people to Cabelas.

3. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Bud's has the XD .45 compact package for $499 delivered Guns for Sale

Taurus 1911's (several different ones), all under $600 delivered (see towards bottom of the page).
    Taurus Pistols for Sale

4. TAZ

TAZ Active Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    The Ausint Show this past weekend was pretty crowded. The line to get in was longer than I have ever seen it. A good number of dealers had their prices raised, but a good number did not. I was able to find deals on everything on my shopping list so for me it was worth the $5 and wait in line. As the demand keep sup I expect that those bargains will be harder and harder to find though.

5. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I stopped at a local gun shop here in Dallas on Wedneday. While chatting with the guy at the counter, he said that their wholesale prices have NOT been raised. This contradicts what some others are saying.......which makes me wonder if only some dealers are seeing price increases or if they are just using that as an excuse to justify their gouging?

6. Vellcrow

Vellcrow Active Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I know more than a few dealers on a personal level. They told me that their wholesale costs have not gone up, certainly not in the last month or so. They fully agree that if a dealer has raised their price, they are just taking advantage. This is one of the main reasons about my rant involving CTD and their 20rnd AK mags.

7. Moezilla

Moezilla Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    Heard the same about gun shows, going to pass on the Dallas one next weekend because I don't feel like being in a sardine can just to walk away annoyed at the price gouging I've been hearing about.

8. TXBSAFH

TXBSAFH Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    I have talked to people who have gone to Conroe, Houston, and Pasadena show. Guns and ammo are being sold like Armageddon is coming next Tuesday.

9. Moezilla

Moezilla Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    Armegeddon next Tuesday? I thought Inauguration Day wasn't until January. :)

10. CZ guy

CZ guy Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Sorry, I just got here..... what's all this talk about Nobamageddon?

Friends, I have gone to my LAST gun-show until the craziness is over. I visited the Conroe show and Pasadena's, and I WILL miss going to look at the toys and visiting with old friends, but I will NOT play into the frenzy any further. I don't mind a firearms dealer making a decent living, but I resent the heck out of it being all from me.

....... and I can't think of anyone I like good enough to fight those crowds again!;)