• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Word on all forums is that gun shows after the election are complete chaos. Last one is Longview started slow and by the end of the day Saturday there was no parking and you couldn't get to any vendors without a LONG wait. Going to drive to Tyler on Saturday for the next one hoping to get a .45; either Taurus PT1911 or more than likely an XD45c. Guess my question is it even worth the trip? Any post election gun show experiences (small towns) to report? Any favorite inexpensive online sites to buy from?

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Word on all forums is that gun shows after the election are complete chaos. Last one is Longview started slow and by the end of the day Saturday there was no parking and you couldn't get to any vendors without a LONG wait. Going to drive to Tyler on Saturday for the next one hoping to get a .45; either Taurus PT1911 or more than likely an XD45c. Guess my question is it even worth the trip? Any post election gun show experiences (small towns) to report? Any favorite inexpensive online sites to buy from?

Boise, Idaho had a gun show a couple weekends ago, it was so crowded in there you couldn't look at anything. I gave up and went to Cabelas, thinking they should be less crowded, not so much there were as many people there in the gun section as there was at the gun show. Seemed like the prices at the gun show were higher too, which was driving people to Cabelas.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    The Ausint Show this past weekend was pretty crowded. The line to get in was longer than I have ever seen it. A good number of dealers had their prices raised, but a good number did not. I was able to find deals on everything on my shopping list so for me it was worth the $5 and wait in line. As the demand keep sup I expect that those bargains will be harder and harder to find though.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I stopped at a local gun shop here in Dallas on Wedneday. While chatting with the guy at the counter, he said that their wholesale prices have NOT been raised. This contradicts what some others are saying.......which makes me wonder if only some dealers are seeing price increases or if they are just using that as an excuse to justify their gouging?

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I stopped at a local gun shop here in Dallas on Wedneday. While chatting with the guy at the counter, he said that their wholesale prices have NOT been raised. This contradicts what some others are saying.......which makes me wonder if only some dealers are seeing price increases or if they are just using that as an excuse to justify their gouging?

I know more than a few dealers on a personal level. They told me that their wholesale costs have not gone up, certainly not in the last month or so. They fully agree that if a dealer has raised their price, they are just taking advantage. This is one of the main reasons about my rant involving CTD and their 20rnd AK mags.

Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    Heard the same about gun shows, going to pass on the Dallas one next weekend because I don't feel like being in a sardine can just to walk away annoyed at the price gouging I've been hearing about.

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    I have talked to people who have gone to Conroe, Houston, and Pasadena show. Guns and ammo are being sold like Armageddon is coming next Tuesday.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Sorry, I just got here..... what's all this talk about Nobamageddon?

Friends, I have gone to my LAST gun-show until the craziness is over. I visited the Conroe show and Pasadena's, and I WILL miss going to look at the toys and visiting with old friends, but I will NOT play into the frenzy any further. I don't mind a firearms dealer making a decent living, but I resent the heck out of it being all from me.

....... and I can't think of anyone I like good enough to fight those crowds again!;)

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Got sick at the wrong time and missed the Tyler show but heard it was crowded, not much to buy in terms of weapons OR ammo, and not many vendors. Went into the local gun shop today and priced the XD45c; $665. Asked if the price had gone up and was told that he wouldn't follow the trend to take advantage of the frenzy and that was his everyday price. Now I know why most of my guns have been bought at gun shows. Last show in Longview I should have bought the same gun out the door for less than $500. Guess it's time to call Schramm (guys I usually deal with at the shows) and see what he has and how much. Don't know if I am patient enough to wait until the craziness stops.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Taz, you must have gotten to the Austin show early that Sat ... by the time I got there at 11 (I went mainly to buy practice ammo and a lightweight .38) the Collins stand I usually shop was wiped out, all they had left that I wanted was 100 .38s. Found the gun I wanted, but the paperwork line was more than an hour long, so I gave up ... Parking lot was jammed; took 15 minutes just to park ... never seen it so crowded ... I'm going again this month, but I will be there at 830a and stand in line ...

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I've only been to a couple gun shows in the Boise, Idaho area, but usually I could at least walk around and look at everything at all the vendor tables. This year was terrible. I was in and out in about 45 minutes cause that's how long it took me to get back out from just walking down the main isle. The whole place was packed, you couldn't get anywhere without having to wait in a line.

Top Bottom