• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sorry about paragraphs, my phone won't do 'em. Back story: About a year and a half ago, I was trying really hard to get into really good shape (til I jacked up a knee doing it, but that's another story), and I noticed that the whole time (3-4 months), I was angry as hell for almost no reason. It took almost nothing to set me off. I basically chalked it up to going through a hard time in my life. But last night I tried a real easy core workout because I'm way out of shape and worried about re-injuring my back. This morning, I was screaming at the guy in front of me for driving so slow, and I spent the first half of my day hoping someone would give me a reason to beat them. Doesn't matter if I exercise before work or in the evening, I always wind up wanting to kill people over really minor shit. WTF am I dong wrong?
    DK Firearms

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Your not doing anything wrong. Your body is now able to "act" in a way that, (I assume), that it never has before. This enables your body to live up to the level of anger your mind has at that moment. I call it confidence albeit, not the best confidence, but its that your body is in better shape.
    -You could have something bothering you and the gym has absolutely nothing to do with it. I use the gym as a constructive out when Im mad about something. Afterwards, I am physically tired, sometimes still mad, but more tired and its like whatever.
    -I remember hearing that football players get in trouble after games cause they are so hyped up, that you just dont calm down just cause the game is over.

So it could be a combo of lots of things.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Wow, that is exactly opposite of my workout experience. When I am keeping with my workouts and fit, not much bothers me. Once I am off the exercise wagon, my temper gets shorter and shorter.

The last two months have been tough for those around me as I have been on edge quite often.

As to the cause I would think it is medical, not mental; endorphins, dopamine or some other chemical could be the root cause. I am not saying this is abnormal or a problem, it’s just you react to said chemicals differently than I do. Good luck finding a balance.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's one of two things: either that guy ahead of you totally deserved being bitched at or you're going through male menopause and there's nothing you can do about it but take a lot of Midol and drive people crazy.

My guess is that about the point you got to the period in my first sentence, you decided that they guy really deserved bitching out, that you're really just fine, and that it was probably stupid to ask advice from the smartasses on here.

:banghead:

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    How are you working out? Do you say do 5 min of cardio and hit the weight pile hard and then leave? If so a bit longer at the gym might help. Say 10 min warmup and hit the weights hard and 10 cardio cool down to relay and zone out followed by a hot shower.

Rage to lift heavy can be a good thing if you can control it. Some folks can't and end up hurting themselves. I always did better when I could focus on form and the particular muscles doing the work. But then weight lifting for me was relaxing and medatative even if it was physically demanding I didn't have a problem to solve so I could mentally relax.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    With no evidence what-so-ever, I agree with the testosterone comment. Mine spikes dramatically too when I first start back up. Has it always been very easy for you to build muscle/speed? You may try extra cardio and meditation/prayer to keep it all in balance at first. Once you get into a steady state of strength training for a while I'd bet that it levels out.

Of course, I just don't work out any more and it seems to help

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Nah. I feel it too, after working out. Got to be a spike in your T levels.

Doesn't help that society won't let us be how nature intended. Killing things and building things on a daily basis to survive.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You might consider seeing your Doctor for a complete blood workup. It sounds to me like perhaps your blood glucose is getting off. I do not think testosterone responds that rapidly, but glucose readily does.

Exercise releases endorphines that should give a calm, relaxed feeling.

It is certainly something I would not want to diagnose on the internet.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Yes check the blood glucose levels. Before I got on my meds. I would be pissed of for Days at a time and get angry very easily.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Yes check the blood glucose levels. Before I got on my meds. I would be pissed of for Days at a time and get angry very easily.

You might consider seeing your Doctor for a complete blood workup. It sounds to me like perhaps your blood glucose is getting off. I do not think testosterone responds that rapidly, but glucose readily does.

Exercise releases endorphines that should give a calm, relaxed feeling.

It is certainly something I would not want to diagnose on the internet.

Yeah, glucose levels could be it if it's only right after a workout vs all the time when you first get back into working out. Definitely agree, an internet diagnosis from a gun forum is probably not as good as a doctor's. Although, I did stay at a Marriott last night.

Sage, if you can swing the blood testing it's really the only way to know for sure what's going on. Hope you get it figured out. Life's much better when you're at peace.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Good suggestions. Maybe I'll have to stop in and see the doc. The weird thing is that it's not all strenuous activity. I can split wood till 3 can't lift my arms, or throw 60 lb backpack on and do 5 miles in the mountains. Kind of makes me think it's psychological...

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Have your testosterone levels checked. If you go from being a potato to working out regularly your testosterone can spike and cause anger issues kind of like Roid rage. I had it happen when I started getting in shape for the firefighters physical agility tests.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yeah, glucose levels could be it if it's only right after a workout vs all the time when you first get back into working out. Definitely agree, an internet diagnosis from a gun forum is probably not as good as a doctor's. Although, I did stay at a Marriott last night.

Sage, if you can swing the blood testing it's really the only way to know for sure what's going on. Hope you get it figured out. Life's much better when you're at peace.

Agreed. If a moderate carb meal relieves the anger, then it points to glucose.

Testosterone seldom rises quickly without some type of other influence.

Top Bottom