• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I never really understood why anyone would want to own one. That is till I shot a buddies. Man that thing was so much fun that I ended up buying one for myself. I got the Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm and I must say this thing is great. It's fun, fairly cheap to feed, reliable and it just looks cool. I've got it setup for HD duty.
    ARJ Defense ad

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I irrationally lust after the (now-discontinued) Ruger carbine whenever I get turned off by the price of M1 carbines. Anyone ever shot one?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    I went the cheap route and picked up a HiPoint 9mm carbine. I can't complain, it's been reliable. I would never consider one of thier pistols, but the carbine has been a good gun. Stock replacement is neccessary, since the factory stock feels like a diving board.

DSC01547.jpg

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    That Hi Point looks like a Berreta with that stock.For a cheap rifle those HPs are a good deal.My brother got the 9mm carbine and it never jams and is pretty accurate.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I purchased a 40 cal Hi Point carbine expecting little and now find it is my most fun gun, never jams, super accurate, with a TruGlo red dot. Total cost about $275.oo,cheap, perhaps a little ugly but just a plain joy to shoot.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The SEF lowers on Mp5's are my favorite. Heck, I like them so much I had to put one on my electric airsoft Mp5! ;) I like the looks and ergonomics better compared to the newer Navy style lowers.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I was but by the pistol caliber myself

My pushpin MP5 is a hoot and affordable to shoot compared to my non .22 rifles. If I were to buy a non NFA carbine in pistol caliber the Storm or FN PS90 would be on the short list. A good lever action trapper model like txpete has above would also be an excellent option.

Regarding the SEF, Navy, or Burst trigger groups on MP5's. I have never met anyone personally that used the burst function but I do feel the burst pack has superior trigger feel. The point that the sear trips in auto is such that you can easily squeeze off single rounds without bouncing your trigger finger but pulling a full stroke allows 2 or 3 shot burst on auto without much effort. I do think that anyone using the burst setting to make qualifications is cheating and hated the extra positioin training at blackwater as they required the gun on safe before every engagement.

I do keep a spare SEF pack in my gear bag as they are much more reliable. Anyone who has ever had to rebuild a burst pack will know what I mean.

Hookster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    Plano, TX
    This is my Marlin Camp Carbine 9 (9mm). I just picked it up on a trade and I haven't fired it yet. It was a little dirty so I took it apart to clean it and found the recoil buffer to be in MANY peices! I ordered a new one, as well as a new spring. As soon as they get here I'm off to the range!

2camp9uw2.jpg

Top Bottom