• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    1. What's the mystique revolving around removing the "sold" price in the initial post after the item has been sold? Why would that be advantageous or dis-advantageous to anyone else? The only reason I can imagine is that maybe the seller sold it for a better price than an "earlier" offer and didn't want anyone else to know.

2. Anybody else get peeved about going to a vendor's website to review items they have for sale and they don't list a price? You must either start the buying process or call them to get information on prices. I lean heavily toward vendors that state a price so you can compare items on their own website not necessarily comparing their prices to another vendor's. Not big rants, just wondering.
    DK Firearms

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    That could be one reason, but I have seen guys here that I bought from do it and there was no price difference in our transaction.
    There is no reason I could ever think of really. Sometimes I think some people think they are hiding their business dealings from .gov or something.
    As a matter of fact, I thought one of the forum rules were that you were to keep your ads intact after it was sold.

I like to see pricing on vendor sites as well. I remember Bud's use to have a "last sold at" price when things went out of stock.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I'm in the 'gets peeved' club however I don't understand the reasoning behind it and much like my more primitives ancestors I get angered by what I don't understand.

I have, over time and more than a few 12 step programs, figured out a way to quell my anger at the unknown to the point where i am happy to report I no longer fling poo at the object of my ire.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm in the 'gets peeved' club however I don't understand the reasoning behind it and much like my more primitives ancestors I get angered by what I don't understand.

I have, over time and more than a few 12 step programs, figured out a way to quell my anger at the unknown to the point where i am happy to report I no longer fling poo at the object of my ire.

:roflfunny:Awesome!!!

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    In the case of vendors, some of them are under contract to not advertise prices if they are discounted. Posting it on a website constitutes advertising. This is something that benefits the little shops. Not for or against, just offering a reason in some cases why the prices arent advertised.

Top Bottom