• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No, that was directed to Ben English. And at least ORBITUP had the courtesy to quote the ENTIRE sentence, in which case I have no objection!

As frustrating as it may be, you have no control over what others do on the internet or in what form your posts are quoted. In reality, your objections are meaningless...to put it bluntly.

Getting twisted up about it will likely invite more of the same.
    Guns International

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Even with the "please" that is rude.
    Cut him some slack. He's not stupid; there are just a few gaps in his education.

Kosh, I'll be happy to not quote you. Nor will I attempt to teach you netiquette, the function of ellipsis marks, or the history and family relationships of 4895 powder. You might want to look those up for yourself, though. Each, in its own way, is a fascinating subject.

gUms7cD.jpg

gUms7cD

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    I may not be able to prevent what others do to my passages on the internet, but I have the capacity (and probably, the duty) to point out when I have been misquoted and to object to it. if it happens enough from the same person, I doubt that any ill result will visit me, before it finds its way to whomever misquotes me.

I don't concede that my objections are meaningless. If being misquoted and quoted out of context can alter the apparent meaning of my words, then objecting to the misrepresentation is also meaningful.

As for getting "twisted up" about the matter, I'm hardly breathing fire over it. I've pointed out my objections to the antics of the person at fault, and I have asked them, as politely as message boards will allow, to not do it anymore. I may still have at least one or two more moves left.

Last edited:

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    Kosh, I'll be happy to not quote you.
    I would appreciate that.
    Nor will I attempt to teach you netiquette, the function of ellipsis marks, or the history and family relationships of 4895 powder.
    I would appreciate that, also. And for all you know, I may be better acquainted with the function of ellipsis marks than you have any idea. You've probably used them correctly, each time you've used them. My contention is that you shouldn't have used them at all, and should have quoted the entire sentence, not your idea of what's relevant.

Swarf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    Finally got a chance to jump on the 6.5CM bandwagon with a couple of 26" varmint barrels for my Savage actions. Appreciate the discussion here... on topic or not. I too am a 4895 & Varget fan and would check load data before deciding on a rifle caliber just to make sure if those two would cover it. I think I'll start with Varget first, but I see that Hodgdon lists Hybrid 100V as having top velocity at 40.9gr. Any experience with this powder?

Not too keen on having to stock up on yet another powder, but I'm needing to find a good one for my 7mm Rem Mag anyway, and Hybrid 100V seems to work well for the heavier .284 pills.

Top Bottom