• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayeMechanico

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    Years (8) ago mr McBride, of McBride Guns in Austin TX suggested a small family owned source for reloading powders in the San Antonio area. They've kept me reloaded throughout the years without fail, ever, when all other sources were dry.
    Factory loaded plinkers stock and stash is one thing I learned in my early years, got that covered.
    Now I'm onna whole different level.
    .556 and .308 focused, 300 WinMag included in my reloading bench hardware. My current price per round is significantly better than the best deals out there on crap ammo, with considerable gains in accuracy with my formulas. Made a run today to put some powder away for a rainy day. FTW
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• 20231013_194612.jpg
      20231013_194612.jpg
      345.7 KB · Views: 76

JayeMechanico

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    Nice haul. What are you loading with the 3031?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I've tried working a load for 155 bthp .308 and had bad results in my rifle. Put together a load over time on the 168gr BTHP and had great results. There are some loads for the .223 that are nice as well.

MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    If you don't mind me asking what's the break down on each powder. I have family out in San Antonio might have them run out and get me some.

JayeMechanico

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    If you don't mind me asking what's the break down on each powder. I have family out in San Antonio might have them run out and get me some.
    Prices are fair as far as current times are concerned. The IMR's are $42, the CFE $39, Varget $47 everything is a bit cheaper than Cabela's. Since I bought in bulk it made sense for the drive, but powder is available easily found in Austin, New Braunfels and San Antonio at this point in time all with about the same pricing.

Top Bottom