• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    Quote from article "Mr. Powell said he has been in touch with Mr. Obama regularly, including recently. "I don't insert myself. But, we stay in touch," he said."

Such a fence sitting cheeseball, another consumate politician waiting to see which way the wind blows. I can't stand this opportunist.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Interestingly, when I was in the service, General Powell had a rep as being more of a politician than a soldier (from O5's & O6's that I served under) not being part of that stratified level, I could only go on hearsay. Later on, I was hopeful that he would run against Clinton, but was disappointed. When he left the Bush Administration, I was kind of concerned about where he fell in the ranks of the Republican Party. When he endorsed Obama, I lost all faith in him and do not consider him to be a Republican of any sort, and certainly not the type of Conservative (small government, lower taxes, more personal responsibility) that we need to get this country turned back around.

Jeff B.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Now he has taken up the cause of the racist Sotomayor...

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/05/powell-defends-sotomayor-ruling-white-firefighters/?test=latestnews[/URL]

WASHINGTON -- Colin Powell, one of the nation's most prominent African-Americans, is going after people who attacked Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor because of her stand in favor of affirmative action.
    Powell, who's from the same Bronx neighborhood in New York as Sotomayor, said she should face "a spirited set of hearings" in the Senate. But he said the federal appeals court judge, who would be the first Hispanic justice, shouldn't be condemned for ruling against white firefighters who contended they suffered reverse discrimination...

Why the hell not? Her support of that decision smacks of racism and judicial activism.

Here is another tidbit on this ruling... Barry Soetoro, current occupant of the White House and international man of mystery (about his place of birth, anyhow);

The president said the city might have prevailed if it "had thought through how it was going to approach the issue ahead of time and said, 'We think merit and highly qualified firefighters are absolutely important. That doesn't contradict our desire to make sure that there is diversity in a city that's 60 percent black and Hispanic. Let's design promotion approaches that reconcile those two things.'"

[url]http://money.aol.com/article/obama-says-court-still-allows-for-racial/554197?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage[/URL]

Equal Opportunity? What ever happened to that concept? Or competition to determine who (given equal testing) is the best candidate for a job?

Jeff B.

The_Vigilante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Far West Texas
    powell's buyers remorse

Here is a statement made by Powell in 1996 at the Republican Convention: "The federal government has become too large and too intrusive in our lives," Mr. Powell said then. "We can no longer afford solutions to our problems that result in more entitlements, higher taxes to pay for them, more bureaucracy to run them, and fewer results to show for it."

I wonder what he thought he was going to get with Obama?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I wonder what he thought he was going to get with Obama?

Honestly, I think he was looking to slap it to the "white man".

Had he bothered to get a clue or stop feeling sorry for himself, he'd realize we are all in the struggle called life.

I'm Mexican-American, have seen my share of prejudice, stereotypes, and racism ... both ways. The difference? I took a second look at the people I was dealing with. Most of those people are not what I consider successes in life. If they didn't have the brown card to play, it would have been something else they would have tried to throw in my face. Low brows, like misery, love company.

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Don't look now but they're sending up the trial ballon for a second stimulus package.

Top Bottom