Join TexasGunTalk

PPE is Getting Stupid Expensive

Discussion in 'River City Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery' started by TX OMFS, May 1, 2020.

1. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Wash the bowl before you use it next time.

deemus and Southpaw like this.
  2. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Already? Oh, you are not talking about state of mind. Carry on.

Southpaw likes this.
  3. Southpaw

Southpaw Plague enthusiast TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I thought about them when I seen them disappearing early on from the hardware and paint supply vendors. Guys just trying to do their job while a bunch of hoarders are just sitting on the supply that was needed to do it. :50cal:

DoubleDuty likes this.
  4. stdreb27

stdreb27 TGT Addict

Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    They’re not “healthcare” so legit folks won’t sell us legit PPE it’s all homemade stuff. It’s bs.

jordanmills and Southpaw like this.
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sick with actual verified "kung fu flu"?

6. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I bought 3M respirators on eBay. The FDA has given emergency approval for any N95 or higher mask right now. The question will be whether or not I can use the mask when the emergency goes away. I hope 3M gets the FDA to certify them.

There are only a few FDA & NIOSH approved N95 masks. None are reusable.

7. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Get yourself one of those homemade peroxide vapor cabinets that sterilize the used stuff.

Probably not meant for surgical procedures where fluids or particulate are flying around though.

8. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Yep. The CDC says not to extend the life of PPE that was used in an aerosol generating procedure.

The CDC guidelines for extending the life of PPE are all for emergency situations. I've recommended against those measures to my colleagues that aren't in a hospital or other emergency situation. The boards here in TX have said if you don't have PPE don't reopen. I don't think the boards will be happy if an outbreak happens in an office that was extending the life of PPE.

9. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    That's the Gov back door way of shutting you down. I don't need or use any of that chit. Wandered thru WM yesterday. Just for S&G looked the hand sanitizer. The little bitty bottles. Sat they were 99 cents, Tues $2.39 now who's gouging?

10. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Walmarts pricing is, well confusing at best. They definitely removed all sale pricing and market adjustments and while they used to sell a crap ton of items at a loss to generate traffic and volume they aren't doing that anymore.

Kroger is beating them on basket price mostly now anyways. They always killed them on quality and experience and have consistently had a lot better supply chain the last couple months.

As far as sanatizer, I bought 2 huge bottles in march and still only used half of one. We all have key chain bottles we refill from the big one which sits at the front door.

Anyone coming in the house is required to use a sanatizer wipe on their phones and ear buds and sanatize their hands. Works for us and t hff ey all work retail so they see thousands of people a day between them. I still sanatize cars and door knobs and light switches every day.

No one has gotten anything but dry hands. YMMV.