• ...and so much more!
  • Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    What about ammo cost differences?

Painful to say the least lol. A buck + per round for 44 mag or even special, 25 cents for 9 lol. That’s really not much of a consideration though. I currently have 2 9’s and my wife wants one for her birthday. Got plenty of vessels for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Reactions: gll

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    Have you ever shot a .44 mag revolver? Do you know of you would like shooting a .44 mag? Do you want to spend the money, shoot it, the discover you don't like shooting it the put it in the safe or try and sell it?

I say I want a .44 mag revolver just to say I have one. I really want to shoot one before I buy one to see if I like it. I have enough stuff sitting in closets because I bought it and didn't like it.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Have you ever shot a .44 mag revolver? Do you know of you would like shooting a .44 mag? Do you want to spend the money, shoot it, the discover you don't like shooting it the put it in the safe or try and sell it?

I say I want a .44 mag revolver just to say I have one. I really want to shoot one before I buy one to see if I like it. I have enough stuff sitting in closets because I bought it and didn't like it.

Yes. It’s been a bunch of years but I’ve always been a fan of larger calibers. My brain just tries to tell me that it’s not practical but that doesn’t mean it’s not fun lol. And I think fun is going to be the point of this purchase. I haven’t gotten to have this kind of fun in years of living in the people’s republic of NJ and NY. The Glock is cool and all but it’s still lipstick on a pig.

I love big things of all kinds except women. No fat chicks.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yes. It’s been a bunch of years but I’ve always been a fan of larger calibers. My brain just tries to tell me that it’s not practical but that doesn’t mean it’s not fun lol. And I think fun is going to be the point of this purchase. I haven’t gotten to have this kind of fun in years of living in the people’s republic of NJ and NY. The Glock is cool and all but it’s still lipstick on a pig.

I love big things of all kinds except women. No fat chicks.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Sounds like you have already made up your mind and I agree with you. The wheel gun will be more fun. IMO a shorter barrel is best.

I’ve seen a few people mention that so far. Besides trying to draw that thing from a holster (I was thinking cross draw but not like it’s gonna be my edc lol), why else get the shorter barrel?

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a wheel gun guy. I don’t own any. But I’ve shot a bunch. Out of the 2 and what it represents.. I’d do the revolver. But shorter barrel. Long barrel looks goofy to me. That Glock looks cool. But a Glock isn’t something you make commemorative. A Glock is a CYA or tacticool gun. They are great for that. IMHO, only the revolver, 1911, lever action and shotgun hold honors in the commemorative department.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I carry my 6"-10" in a crossdraw holster with no problems. Other than ease of draw, the only reason I can think of for a shorter barrel would be balance or muzzle weight. But the muzzle weight can help with muzzle flip too, so it kind of cancles each other. I personally don't have a problem with longer barrels unless it is a very heavy gun to begin with. Like the Remington BP pistols with a long barrel.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom