Join TexasGunTalk

Pray for us...

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by JColumbus, Jan 27, 2020.

1. JColumbus

JColumbus Well-Known

Jun 28, 2012
    What the HECK?!

Saturday: We have our family SUV at the repair shop and they put it on the corner in their lot. Two meth heads steal a car and cops are in pursuit. They hit a car and roll into our SUV. Our SUV is totaled and worse, I am told because the car was stolen, the owners and their insurance company aren't libel. I don't know who IS libel and how to be compensated.

Sunday: Piece of crap walks in my yard and steals both, my road bike AND my mountain bike. Got him on cam but good luck finding him.

Monday: Mother in law dies of cancer.

Not trying to whine. Just ranting. Ultimately I decided to make the post just to ask for prayers and perhaps someone knows the proper way to go about getting insurance to cover my SUV. I only had liability. I know some of you must be have it tough right now too. Stay strong. I will pray for all of you as well.

God bless.

Rhino likes this.
  2. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, since it was in the care and custody of the repair shop, THEY have liability to ensure it's safety. I'd be having a very hard discussion w/them to find out who their insurance carrier is. Also - were the keys in the car that was stolen, or was it hotwired? If the keys were left in it, the owner was negligent, so the "hold harmless" might not apply. Finally, YOU were the victim of a crime - talk to your local PD about the victim compensation program.

Second item....sorry - but a Life Lesson - don't leave your stuff out where it can be stolen.

Above all, sorry about your MIL - obviously, she meant something to you AND your wife. Hold onto each other - it's gonna be tough for her for a while, she's gonna need you.

deemus, seeker_two, dbgun and 3 others like this.
  3. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Well-Known Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Wow. That is awful.

Will the shop's insurance cover your car? Aren't they liable for it while it's on their property and in their control? I would think their insurance would cover it if it were stolen or burned in a fire; this seems similar.

Pops1955 and EZ-E like this.
  4. MTA89

MTA89 The Mulleteer TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Texoma
    Sorry to hear all of this man. Hope the thief and the methheads experience some excruciating pain

ZX9RCAM and Pops1955 like this.
  5. EZ-E

EZ-E Freedom vs Tyranny 2020 TGT Supporter

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    Dang my brutha... what a run of bad luck & horrible weekend. Sorry for your loss with the MIL, bikes & SUV. Your family will be in my prayers tonight.
    I hate thieves, so i feel your pain with the bikes. When i was a kid i learned my lesson, when my bike got stollen off my porch & we lived in a small town ... that was back in the 80's.

I wish i had some great advice about the SUV situation. Im not sure whos insurance would be liable under an "act of god". Maybe the repair shops insurance would cover it. It might cost you an attorney & some court time.

6. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I have found bad shit happens in three's, through out my life. Being able to say it sucks to be me, tends to go with it!

7. DyeF9

DyeF9 In Thrust We Trust

Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Sorry to hear that. Prayers are with you in this difficult time. I hope things with the stolen property and suv resolve well and in your favor. May she rest in peace. My sincerest condolences your family.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  8. Shady

Shady TGT Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    if you had uninsured driver on your policy that should cover your SUV but I agree the shop should be responsible for it.

9. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What a rough weekend. Keep your head up. There are better weekends to come.

kbaxter60 likes this.
  10. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    May the Good Lord send you His peace during these difficult times.

An hour with a good attorney (probably having him send a letter to the shop if he feels they are liable) would be the next best step on the SUV.

TxStetson likes this.