• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    We're using them for traffic tickets as we speak, and may be using them for a lawsuit in another issue if things don't go well. I've used them to help collect money owed me; one free letter was worth three grand.

It is insurance, in a sense. If you look at what you pay in car or homeowners insurance compared to what the average person gets back, you're getting raped. But if that wasn't the case, insurance wouldn't work. The people who never file a claim are paying for those who do.

On the other hand, there are some immediate payoffs with Prepaid Legal. You don't have to wreck your car, lose your house in a tornado, or even die to get benefits. You can use the legal advice and contract review proactively to save, or even make money.

I posted it before, but here's the link to the information request page for Randy Wells: CLICK HERE

legaleagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Huntsville
    Hey all,

I am the guy who presents at Shiloh during their CHL classes. As well as classes all over SE Texas.Any questions I will be happy to answer. PPL is a 37 year old co. traded on the NYSE. We are a debt free co. with 16 years of record growth. So this is not a scam, fly by night deal. It is a real service especially useful for chl holders. But applies to every aspect of our life. Some asked about the price; $26/mo for legal plan, $9.95 for Identity theft for a total of 35.95/mo. That covers you your spouse or significant other, (but not both), children till their 23 if they are full time students and not married. We also protect businesses. Basically thats $1.19/day. And we do not hold you contract hostage. Month to month, you can cancel at any time! We do cover everything, some things 100%. some at at least a 25% discount. So you will never pay full price for an attorney again. If you have any questions give me a call at 936-577-2122
    Randy

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Scott Ferguson came by the house and spoke with my wife and I for couple of hours. He went over the PPL services with us and answered all of our questions we had. Plus explained some personal experiences that has helped him in the past by having PPL... I've been with PPL for almost a year now. So far, I've been fortunate where I did not need their services. How I view it, on top of the ID Theft services, it's insurance knowing if I had something come up; needing a letter written by an attorney, change in my will, or (God Forbid) need some serious help; I'll have someone to help me with the situation.
    There's no contract. If you sign up and after several months it's not for you, simply stop doing it... It bills to a credit card, if the story is true that they had issues of billing your card after you canceled, call your credit card...

In all: they are there if you need them, cost a little over dollar a day (much less than coffee at $tarbucks), no contracts (how many of you had/have a contract with an alarm system - the joys there), and gives a little piece of mind knowing you could easily get legal advise if needed...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Like I said I'm just pointing to some potential issues. I don't think I'm qualified to tell anyone to use them or not to use them. And I'm not trying to discredit them, I'm just pointing out that there are some bad reviews about things like this floating around.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Microsoft sells shrink wrapped turds, but we happily buy them! No amount of bad publicity regarding their buggy, bloated software or predatory business practices will sully their reputation. The fact that their profit margin was nearly 3 times that of the evil oil industry didn't send the media into Big Software frenzy.

You've got to consider the bad reviews with a bit of perspective. Many are likely due to people who expected more than the service was designed to deliver. How often does your car insurance meet or exceed your expectations?

By the way, I mentioned earlier things that PPL doesn't cover. That, in fact, was in error. They do cover these things, but not in the blanket 'everything included for free' way they do most other services.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    true

Although in this day and age, I don't know why you wouldn't want id theft added on.

Countless places do not take necessary protocol in shredding paperwork. Dopers, Traffickers, & Aliens from south of the border know this. A dumpster trip is all that is needed for your everything to be ruined.

Plus some ID theft programs give great all around coverage. Credit monitoring reports, credit reports, Credit scores, Theft insurance, representatives to help handle the situation almost in whole. I have it through Privacy Assist.

glockteam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have been a member and Associate with Prepaid Legal for 6 years now. Not only have they saved me thousands of dollors with my membership but I make a nice living marketing our services. PPL is traded on the NYSE listed as PPD. Uur stock is trading between $48 & $50 a share. As far as a scam or pyramid scheme, How many scams or pyramid schemes have you seen on the NYSE? You have to be invited to trade on the NYSE after and only after you have done your due diligence with SEC. I would not be without my membership and especially not carrying a weapon everyday. I have peace of mind knowing I have access to over 2,700 law firms across the country and 24/7 access in emergency situations.

glockteam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Prepaid Legal Services made available to Shiloh Indoor Range, Hot Wells and other ranges and instructors is a cost of $35.95 which includes our Expanded Legal Plan, Legal Shield and Identity Theft Shield. This protects your entire immediate family, this is month to month, and we have never gone up on an existing customer in over 37 years of business. There is virtually no risk involved.
    Scott and Randy work with 12 CHL instructors in the Harris County area. You can contact me at rsferguson@sbcglobal.net

glockteam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Houston, TX
    As far as negative reviews regarding Prepaid Legal Services, if you will look close you, will see that the majority is from past Associates. They got in the business and had their business cards printed up and thought customers would knock their door down. They did not treat this opportunity as a business! Now they want to complain and call it a scam. If they had employees that worked as hard as they did at this opportunity, they probably would have fired them long ago. This opportunity is not for everyone; if it was it wouldn't be an opportunity. Had they spent $250,000 to start their business, maybe they would have treated it like a business. Yet at $249 it is a scam!?!?

glockteam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Houston, TX
    John, you can contact me , Scott at rsferguson@sbcglobal.net I would be happy to meet with you and go over what we do and how we present to the CHL classes.
    P.S. Keep Cheryl Wagner (HotWells Shooting Range) in your prayers. She has been diagnosed with cancer. They found 3 tumors in her brain and also one in her lungs.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    John, you can contact me , Scott at rsferguson@sbcglobal.net I would be happy to meet with you and go over what we do and how we present to the CHL classes.
    P.S. Keep Cheryl Wagner (HotWells Shooting Range) in your prayers. She has been diagnosed with cancer. They found 3 tumors in her brain and also one in her lungs.

Welcome aboard Scott... I heard the sad news about Cheryl. Hopefully things will turn around for her soon...

legaleagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Huntsville
    You've met me, who'd want to steal me?

I hear so often, "if someone stole my identity thay would bring it back. My credit is so bad" The problem with that is there are 5 types of ID theft. Financial accounts for only 25% There is Driver License, Social Security, Medical, character & criminal too. Someone steals your DL identity and gets a 1099 job and doesn't pay the taxes; who do you think the IRS is coming after? YOU. Or they committ a crime, guess whose name is on the warrant for arrest, yours. Same with medical ID theft. So it's not just about financial. ID theft is the fastest growing crime in the world. You can't stop it. all you can do is posture yourself to be prepared to deal with it when it happens. With ID theft protection, you will be notified immediately and can put the fraud alerts out and begin restoration before it is too devastating and wipes you out. Or you are arrested for something you didn't do. It will cost you thousands of dollars to defend yourself when that happens. The burden of proof is on you, you are guilty till you prove it wasn't you. So you could "win" and still lose financially. Something to think about!

Top Bottom