• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    I was going to check out the Premier Gun Show in Round Rock this weekend, but decided not to based on their gun policy.

Why would there be a need to disarm attendees? I could see a license check at the entry if they wanted, but with their policy of all firearms being unloaded and zip tied, it is effectively a gun free zone. It seems contradictory.

I've never been to a gun show. Are they all like that? Anyone know why they have this policy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They are generally all like that. Might even be law.

Too many fools taking out their loaded CC firearms to show/ trade/ sell and sending a round into the crowd/ ground/ ceiling. I have read about that happening a few times.

That may not be the official reason though.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I don't think I've been to a gun show that isn't 'gun free'...........

The reasons (plural) are many and actually pretty obvious..........

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    And what reasons are they ?

You can trust a guy to carry on the street but all of the sudden at a gun show he looses all control. It would still only allow guys with a license to carry unless the place gives consent to everyone.

Your reasons not to allow it are the same ones the liberals use.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Saxet shows are no longer 30.06/.07 They even have signs indicating that carry guns must stay holstered. Guns taken in for sale or trade are required to be zip tied. That makes sense.

txjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Saxet shows are no longer 30.06/.07 They even have signs indicating that carry guns must stay holstered. Guns taken in for sale or trade are required to be zip tied. That makes sense.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for that info on Saxet nug swohs. I will check one out.

txjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016

The reasons are obvious? To whom? Hillary Clinton? I can't think of a single one. If someone doesn't have an LTC, they can't be carrying. If they have an LTC and are unsafe, that's a whole other matter.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    If they have an LTC and are unsafe, that's a whole other matter.

But not an insignificant one. Suzy homemaker, who's husband goaded her into getting her LTC, and hasn't been to the range since is probably more common than most people think. I know of three or four who fit that bill and I have serious doubts about their safe gun handling habits.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    One reason is because I've seen too many dumbasses ND inside a gun store/range trying to be a Billy bad ass showing off his gun.

txjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    But not an insignificant one. Suzy homemaker, who's husband goaded her into getting her LTC, and hasn't been to the range since is probably more common than most people think. I know of three or four who fit that bill and I have serious doubts about their safe gun handling habits.

I understand and agree, but how is that different than anywhere else?

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    I understand and agree, but how is that different than anywhere else?

It's not. Just like its like no other business that has a 30.06/30.07 sign and you can choose to shop or not.

Sorry... I hate these bitching threads/people that say; "It's our God given right to have a gun." Well, it's a businesses right to refuse business. Way I see it I'd rather not shop there and go support a small local gun store. Lastly, gun shows are overpriced these days anyhow. $5-$20 to park, $5-$15 to enter. So right there I'm $10-$35 spent to end up finding crap. Or a Glock 19 for $600+ and PMags for $15-$20/ea.

txjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    It's not. Just like its like no other business that has a 30.06/30.07 sign and you can choose to shop or not.

Sorry... I hate these bitching threads/people that say; "It's our God given right to have a gun." Well, it's a businesses right to refuse business. Way I see it I'd rather not shop there and go support a small local gun store. Lastly, gun shows are overpriced these days anyhow. $5-$20 to park, $5-$15 to enter. So right there I'm $10-$35 spent to end up finding crap. Or a Glock 19 for $600+ and PMags for $15-$20/ea.

I wasn't bitching or questioning the right of the show organizer or property owner from having whatever policy they want. It was a legitimate question whether the policy was typical of gun shows since I've never attended one. I may choose to let someone know that I won't give them my business because of a 30.06 sign, but I certainly don't question their right to do so.

Your posts in this thread are offensive. Generally speaking, if you don't like something you see on the Internet, the best policy is to scroll on rather than troll.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    My posts are offensive? LMAO I'm "trolling." GTFO Sounds like you might need a safe space.

13895061_10154442585462053_4321430258847669730_n.jpg

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Seems you are the only one bitching in the thread.

A legitimate question was asked and answered.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

Just like to don't apparently have a right to carry a gun a where you want; cause Constitution; businesses have no God give right to refuse service to anyone the choose. If they did then we wouldn't have bakers having it bake wedding cakes for homosexuals even though they didn't want to. We would have businesses posting no whites, no blacks... and we don't.

With that stated, gun shows may be posted for various reasons. The venue they rent can have it in their contract that it must be so. Their insurance policy may require them to do so. Or they may choose to do so. You never know. However, given that gun shows are a place where folks generally go to fondle, show, inspect... guns it's not really a fair comparison to being out at the local Walmart. Generally people aren't handling their guns at Walmart and if they are without reason they are a considered threat. When you go to a gun show, it's generally crowded and you REALLY have to work hard at not muzzle sweeping someone when you handle a gun. Given this it's not unreasonable to want all the guns as safe as possible. Heck even with the zip ties and entry checks we still have people occasionally dropping the hammer on a live round. The average gun owner is probably not safe. They dont shoot themselves cause they buy a gun and maybe handle it once or twice a year. We (people who take an interest in firearms, learn the rules, take classes...) are NOT the average. Heck even those who do the work manage to screw stuff up and have an ND occasionally. Average guy who doesnt follow safety rules regularly placed into an environment that promotes show me yours and I'll show you mine is asking for trouble.

Last but not least, unless things have changed the entry fee is a waste of your $$. Prices are generally very similar to your LGS. There is only so much profit margin that the market will bear. Aside from the sea of out of town dealers and tables to crap to play with they haven't offered up any deals worthy of dealing with the negatives, for me.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Shady and txjames... One does not have to have a LTC at a gun show. It is a commercial event at which by implied assent anyone who pays their entry has been given access and the show operators have given consent to "carry" firearms. Secondly, Anyone who has been to gun shows have seen stupid and unsafe gun handling in the aisles. Guys looking down the bore of a rifle. Someone carrying a pistol in their hand sweeping people left and right. People have been shot at gun shows in the past and will in the future. Zip tying a gun hopefully keeps some dumA from popping that zip tie off and loading the gun to show someone it works. Dec 5, 2015 Phoenix a guy got shot at gun show. June 27, 2014 someone shot being shown a concealed carry holster. June 28, 2014 a guy was shot at Cedar Park gun show in the parking lot. Google the topic and you will see it is not rare at all.

Top Bottom